Sat 18 Jul: NRL: South Sydney Rabbitohs v Newcastle Knights KO 8.30am BST (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• South Sydney Rabbitohs
    • Newcastle Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/20 at 08:00

Wow what a strange game . Totally run of the mill victory coming for the first hour , Knights looking the business and Souths looking their usual unconvincing self . Then it all turns and Souths are on a roll and the Knights are hanging on ! Ultimately they were that Big Tom nearly try away from winning , but although it was a right call it would be harsh to load that on him as he was superb . His second spell kickstarted Souths . I really like Bradman Best , he’s a beast . I can see him and Lomax as rep centres in years to come . Back to a topic , what about Pearce throwing himself down rolling around between Roberts legs and the ref called held when Jimmy the jet hadn’t even touched him ! 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Back to a topic , what about Pearce throwing himself down rolling around between Roberts legs and the ref called held when Jimmy the jet hadn’t even touched him ! 

I know we do this every week but that is such a pathetic look for our sport.

But the NRL have officially removed the voluntary tackle from the laws now so that is what we are stuck with.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Wow what a strange game . Totally run of the mill victory coming for the first hour , Knights looking the business and Souths looking their usual unconvincing self . Then it all turns and Souths are on a roll and the Knights are hanging on ! Ultimately they were that Big Tom nearly try away from winning , but although it was a right call it would be harsh to load that on him as he was superb . His second spell kickstarted Souths . I really like Bradman Best , he’s a beast . I can see him and Lomax as rep centres in years to come . Back to a topic , what about Pearce throwing himself down rolling around between Roberts legs and the ref called held when Jimmy the jet hadn’t even touched him ! 

Isnt Lomax 30 this year - maybe 2 or 3 years to come but he probably behind Gale and Williams at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

he probably behind Gale and Williams at the moment.

And not a centre. And not Australian.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Harshest of all on Tom Burgess was the video ref calling him George Burgess during the spoken review of his overturned try. And none of the commentators corrected him. In fact, during the whole game not one of the commentators actually called him Tom Burgess - they were just saying "Burgess" all the time. Do they actually know that George has left over there (and who Tom is)? I know they're identical twins and that but that is pretty weird.

9 hours ago, DeadShotKeen said:

Harshest of all on Tom Burgess was the video ref calling him George Burgess during the spoken review of his overturned try. And none of the commentators corrected him. In fact, during the whole game not one of the commentators actually called him Tom Burgess - they were just saying "Burgess" all the time. Do they actually know that George has left over there (and who Tom is)? I know they're identical twins and that but that is pretty weird.

I think now he is the only Burgess left at Souths, just calling him Burgess is fine.

13 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I think now he is the only Burgess left at Souths, just calling him Burgess is fine.

In one sense yes but the commentators generally use both names at least occasionally. It strikes me that those commentating the other night might honestly not know Tom's first name.

And how about the video ref calling him George Burgess? That isn't fine, is it?

Archived