Oh to be with Robin today

The Grinder

Robin,Β 

sorry mate but can’t help take the p!ss especially since Barnsley deserved more today.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸΊ

but for Leeds to now be so close to the holy grail after beating Barnsley must be gutting as it put Barnsley so close to relegation (hope it does happen btw).

hope to see in 2021 for a bit of banter πŸ˜‚

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

I've just spent the last 90 mins in battle with sky ffs so my tether is short and I'm at the end of it!!!!

Barnsley can't score..... or defend for that matter. Its been like watching the 05 version of fev this year.

Tarn, fev and partick soddin thistle. I'm swinging at the first one who calls me a glory hunter ffs

Better score then i thought but the way the club is being run is criminal. Average age 22 in the Championship is not good enough. Still plenty to talk about tomra with the 1000's of Leeds fans 😁. 

11 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Better score then i thought but the way the club is being run is criminal. Average age 22 in the Championship is not good enough. Still plenty to talk about tomra with the 1000's of Leeds fans 😁. 

I obviously don't know about how Barnsley are run, but they were good tonight. Result was everything for Leeds. When Man U were winning the title on a regular basis they had many games against teams down the League, but somehow scrapped through, it's how it goes sometimes.Β 

Buy cheap mainly young then hopefully / usually sell em on. Can't sell older ones (experienced players) for much so don't buy them. Could have made all the difference this year.Β 

10 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Buy cheap mainly young then hopefully / usually sell em on. Can't sell older ones (experienced players) for much so don't buy them. Could have made all the difference this year.Β 

Remember the impact hendrie and wilko had?

And those of us who remember Ronnie Glavin who was also a cup winner with the Jags?

When will we see their likes again?

Remember it all well Robin sadly can't see it happening again, sport as changed so much and same as life its all about ££££££. We're going lose SIX MILLION POUNDS by not buying some experienced players to keep us up, bad business sense or what?, Crazy really is! 

Ey Up Robin. Tha nobbut a bairn. I remember the days when they fielded 11 internationals, including the Robledo brothers ,Kelly, Blanchflower and TommyΒ Taylor.Β What a team they had. No kissing and cuddling. They just kicked everything above the grass, including John Charles. They really sluffened him that day.

14 hours ago, saddleworth said:

Ey Up Robin. Tha nobbut a bairn. I remember the days when they fielded 11 internationals, including the Robledo brothers ,Kelly, Blanchflower and TommyΒ Taylor.Β What a team they had. No kissing and cuddling. They just kicked everything above the grass, including John Charles. They really sluffened him that day.

My first game was 1967 Bob. Bottom of division 4. I was a regular until the strike and kids coming along at the same time. Something had to give and I preferred rugby so that's where my available money was spent .

Nowadays I get to a few games a season.... usually when the weathers nice and i still enjoy it.Β 

Β 

14 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Remember it all well Robin sadly can't see it happening again, sport as changed so much and same as life its all about ££££££. We're going lose SIX MILLION POUNDS by not buying some experienced players to keep us up, bad business sense or what?, Crazy really is! 

Destined for league 1 now. Barnsley are a club without a big backer who will bankroll the club enabling keeping the better players and maintaining a settled squad. That's the way of life. Barnsley punched above their weight for nearly 30 years since norman hunter got them promoted in 1980. Can't happen now

The (new) owners could and should have spent some money on some experienced players surely that wasn't too much to ask? Burnley & Bournemouth come to mind but we're surely as (big) as them?Β 

On 18/07/2020 at 16:41, MADREDNIGE said:

The (new) owners could and should have spent some money on some experienced players surely that wasn't too much to ask? Burnley & Bournemouth come to mind but we're surely as (big) as them?Β 

93 mins ffs....

I cant believe its gone to t'last game.....πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

5 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Told you that you might do it!

Can't believe it. I've watched tarn since 1967 and this is the poorest side in a generation....Β  basically very young and inexperienced L1 and L2 players given enoungh belief in themselves to scrap by a coach with enough ability to salvage the situation.....

Not the best season and a sh itty way of avoiding relegation.... i feel for wigan fans...Β  Β but hey ho.... aΒ team of mine catch a break for a change.... pending appeal of course.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Can't believe it. I've watched tarn since 1967 and this is the poorest side in a generation....Β  basically very young and inexperienced L1 and L2 players given enoungh belief in themselves to scrap by a coach with enough ability to salvage the situation.....

Not the best season and a sh itty way of avoiding relegation.... i feel for wigan fans...Β  Β but hey ho.... aΒ team of mine catch a break for a change.... pending appeal of course.Β 

Β 

Shouldn't cheat then what's point in having a fair play league (whatever it'sΒ  called if teams don't adere to it? About Wendies and Ram's got sorted out, didn't take em long to get Macclesfield sorted!!!!Β 

5 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Shouldn't cheat then what's point in having a fair play league (whatever it'sΒ  called if teams don't adere to it? About Wendies and Ram's got sorted out, didn't take em long to get Macclesfield sorted!!!!Β 

Yeah... correct.... im not particularly whinging....

But some fans of Wigan will feel it today.... perhaps not as much as the gig lane faithful like.....

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Yeah... correct.... im not particularly whinging....

But some fans of Wigan will feel it today.... perhaps not as much as the gig lane faithful like.....

Robin you whinging? Never crossed mi mind 😁. 

Archived