Will we start?? If not what's plan B?

coolie

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a growing groundswell towards non-participation with the overwhelming reasonsf cited being player welfare and finance. Has any club actually declared that they will participate yet?

I hope that we hear from our club within the next couple of days and I, for one, will support whatever decision is made.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

There seems to be a growing groundswell towards non-participation with the overwhelming reasonsf cited being player welfare and finance. Has any club actually declared that they will participate yet?

I hope that we hear from our club within the next couple of days and I, for one, will support whatever decision is made.

Batley hope to take part. 

21 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

If clubs choose not to participate in a competition that season ticket holders might be able to attend then surely they should expect to make some form of refund?

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Only batley and Barrow so far have confirmed that they will be taking part. 

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Graham, where have Batley actually confirmed that they will be taking part? Do you have a link to the confirmation?

"Indicated" is probably more accurate. The clever clubs will bide their time until others withdraw, thereby increasing the possibilities of a worthwhile return from competing.

I wonder if our chairman understands how odds and betting work?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Only batley and Barrow so far have confirmed that they will be taking part. 

Barrow & Batley final £125k each... nice

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Barrow & Batley final £125k each... nice

Then you could afford some decent players for a change. 😉

On 28/07/2020 at 08:50, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Batley hope to take part. 

Well it has been 10 years since Batley last won a trophy... As we're constantly reminded😜😜

So they must be due another cup🤣🤣

Egg Cups don't count 😜😜

36 minutes ago, fredm said:

Having read John Keats comments about the Bulls participating it will be interesting to see Mark Sawyers stance in relation to the Rams.

John Kear is a coach, not running a business. As far as I am aware Bradford have yet to formally confirm their entry to the competition. I woud guess that, in fact, their players are still on furlough.

Can Dewsbury afford two teams in this cup? Probably just focus on Bradford as the main team at the stadium and put the Rams aside until next year I reckon

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

5 hours ago, fredm said:

Having read John Keats comments about the Bulls participating it will be interesting to see Mark Sawyers stance in relation to the Rams.

Interesting comments from Kear considering MS has previously stated that the Bulls couldn't afford to play behind closed doors. 

15 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Interesting comments from Kear considering MS has previously stated that the Bulls couldn't afford to play behind closed doors. 

They can if Dewsbury sub em 😉

18 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

But it wouldn't be behind closed doors.

1 hour ago, fredm said:

But it wouldn't be behind closed doors.

I'm referring to his comments about the League being cancelled:

He said: “We’d have preferred the league to have continued but obviously it didn’t and that’s very disappointing.

“In part that’s down to the RFL but also in part to some of the clubs.

I just can’t understand a rugby club not wanting to play. That bemuses me.

“It is odd but I’m not going to bad-mouth clubs because we don’t know the ins and outs."

As I said, odd things to say when your club's CEO has said they couldn't afford to play behind closed doors.

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm referring to his comments about the League being cancelled:

He said: “We’d have preferred the league to have continued but obviously it didn’t and that’s very disappointing.

“In part that’s down to the RFL but also in part to some of the clubs.

I just can’t understand a rugby club not wanting to play. That bemuses me.

“It is odd but I’m not going to bad-mouth clubs because we don’t know the ins and outs."

As I said, odd things to say when your club's CEO has said they couldn't afford to play behind closed doors.

See my earlier response.

Organ grinder or.......................................

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nah, when was the last time Dewsbury had a crowd of more than thirty!

50 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Looks like it to me BSJ.  To me the clubs can only make the decision to play if it is behind closed doors.  Presumably there will be over 30 people there taking in to account players and officials so that is it according to Kirklees Council.

Separate households will not be allowed to meet indoors in Greater Manchester, East Lancashire and parts of West Yorkshire from midnight, the government has announced.

The areas that will have tighter restrictions are Greater Manchester, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362

43 minutes ago, coolie said:

Sheffield have 3 options on their season tickets

1. Refund

2. Discount on the next 3 season tickets

3. Donation

Rochdale are dealing out the 2 option deal. 

Both clubs have formally decided not to take part in the end of season competition. No doubt when we show our hand the club will confirm the situation for ST holders.

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Both clubs have formally decided not to take part in the end of season competition. No doubt when we show our hand the club will confirm the situation for ST holders.

Season tickets should have nothing to do with the autumn competition. 

Them games should be all pay

Or a new mini competition ticket available to buy for supporters

The 2020 season is over and declared nil & void. 

Archived