Will we start?? If not what's plan B?

coolie

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Season tickets should have nothing to do with the autumn competition. 

Them games should be all pay

Or a new mini competition ticket available to buy for supporters

The 2020 season is over and declared nil & void. 

Are you going to notify everyone of your decision?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Are you going to notify everyone of your decision?

This comes down to a personal choice, with all the nuances of circumstance playing their part! It's an easier decision if you're financially comfortable - Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

This comes down to a personal choice, with all the nuances of circumstance playing their part! It's an easier decision if you're financially comfortable - Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes!

I agree, and I believe that MS said that anyone who has a ST and needs an instant refund should get one.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Current position:

In: None

Out: Coventry Bears, Halifax, Hunslet, Keighley Cougars, Newcastle Thunder, North Wales Crusaders, Oldham, Rochdale Hornets, Sheffield Eagles, Swinton Lions, Whitehaven, Widnes Vikings, Workington Town

Undecided: Barrow Raiders, Batley Bulldogs, Bradford Bulls, Dewsbury Rams, Doncaster, Featherstone Rovers, Leigh Centurions, London Broncos, London Skolars, Toulouse Olympique, West Wales Raiders, York City Knights

41 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Current position:

In: None

Out: Coventry Bears, Halifax, Hunslet, Keighley Cougars, Newcastle Thunder, North Wales Crusaders, Oldham, Rochdale Hornets, Sheffield Eagles, Swinton Lions, Whitehaven, Widnes Vikings, Workington Town

Undecided: Barrow Raiders, Batley Bulldogs, Bradford Bulls, Dewsbury Rams, Doncaster, Featherstone Rovers, Leigh Centurions, London Broncos, London Skolars, Toulouse Olympique, West Wales Raiders, York City Knights

We'll soon be in the quarter final stage😃😃😃

8 hours ago, coolie said:

Season tickets should have nothing to do with the autumn competition. 

Them games should be all pay

Or a new mini competition ticket available to buy for supporters

The 2020 season is over and declared nil & void. 

Cant agree this time Coolie. As I said before - if the club have a chance to play games in front of spectators (Looking increasingly unlikely at the moment in this part of the world) and decide not to then I think a part refund should be offered.  Individuals can then make up their own minds about whether to take one...

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Closer, as West Wales have joined the outs.

Also Toulouse and London Broncos are said to have declined.

Interesting to see that Leigh and Fev have yet to decide given the very vocal comments of some of their fans.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Also Toulouse and London Broncos are said to have declined.

Interesting to see that Leigh and Fev have yet to decide given the very vocal comments of some of their fans.

We (Fev) and Leigh look destined for the final at this rate. It's all part of the RFL plan😃

On 29/07/2020 at 16:43, Piggy's mate said:

Can Dewsbury afford two teams in this cup? Probably just focus on Bradford as the main team at the stadium and put the Rams aside until next year I reckon

Bradford confirmed as playing, so I guess Dewsbury will sit it out...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Four clubs only offering to take part is a prediction, so it wouldn't go ahead on that basis. As the clubs look at the requirements and the implications it becomes less attractive as time goes on.

Kevin Nicholas has done an informative video for their fans with an update on Batley's position. The very important point that he makes is that nobody should assume the the testing requirements will only be for this year; there is a very high probability that they will continue to be required in 2021. If so this could add £80k+ to the running costs of every club.

59 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Four clubs only offering to take part is a prediction, so it wouldn't go ahead on that basis. As the clubs look at the requirements and the implications it becomes less attractive as time goes on.

Kevin Nicholas has done an informative video for their fans with an update on Batley's position. The very important point that he makes is that nobody should assume the the testing requirements will only be for this year; there is a very high probability that they will continue to be required in 2021. If so this could add £80k+ to the running costs of every club.

Unless your Bradford and wangle is for a vastly deduced price..gives you a bit of advantage against other clubs😜😜😜

56 minutes ago, coolie said:

Unless your Bradford and wangle is for a vastly deduced price..gives you a bit of advantage against other clubs😜😜😜

I wonder who "wangled" that for them? Remember that Bradford are in a different health and local authority to us and Batley so there could still be beneficial developments for both of the HW clubs if we get an equally sympathetic hearing.

3 minutes ago, coolie said:

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I wonder who "wangled" that for them? Remember that Bradford are in a different health and local authority to us and Batley so there could still be beneficial developments for both of the HW clubs if we get an equally sympathetic hearing.

At least 2 clubs (although neither have yet thrown their hat into the ring)  claim that they have 'negotiated' free testing on the NHS - Bradford's statement intimates they might have also done so. Considering care homes are struggling to get their staff and residents tested regularly as promised I imagine there'll be some interesting reaction if it turned out that professional sports clubs' staff were being given a higher priority than those.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

At least 2 clubs (although neither have yet thrown their hat into the ring)  claim that they have 'negotiated' free testing on the NHS - Bradford's statement intimates they might have also done so. Considering care homes are struggling to get their staff and residents tested regularly as promised I imagine there'll be some interesting reaction if it turned out that professional sports clubs' staff were being given a higher priority than those.

I'd have thought testing semi pro rugby players for free would have been well down the priority list.. 

To play behind closed doors at the drop of a hat. 

Forget autumn and concentrate on getting 2021 off the ground safely

Nevermind ploughing 250k into a comp nobody can afford to enter, divi it out equally to championship & championship 1 clubs.. To help them get thru this storm. 

I was all for this competition with sixteen teams battling for some prize money (and spectators able to watch), but now, with the lack of meaningful competition and probably no audience, I think the competition should be scrapped and, like Cookie, think the money should be distributed to the clubs. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 04/08/2020 at 08:15, Crown Flatter said:

I was all for this competition with sixteen teams battling for some prize money (and spectators able to watch), but now, with the lack of meaningful competition and probably no audience, I think the competition should be scrapped and, like Cookie, think the money should be distributed to the clubs. 

agree 100%....

Archived