Will we start?? If not what's plan B?

coolie

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/09/2020 at 19:10, Blind side johnny said:

Looks more and more likely that the autumn competition will not go ahead. The mildly chaotic situation with SL is pointing out the major difficulties already.

Let us hope that the game is in a good position to start up in 2021, but who would bet on it?

On 04/09/2020 at 15:06, Crown Flatter said:

It seems highly likely you are correct BSJ. Even last week’s ‘Reporter’ suggested it would not go ahead. 
We just have to await the dilly-dallying RFL to confirm. 

Reported as being cancelled here

https://www.totalrl.com/rfl-calls-off-autumn-comp/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rfl-calls-off-autumn-comp 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

I hope that the season can start a fresh next year.We should whoever we support hope that it can start again next year.

I think a lot will depend on what HM Government decide to do.

We keep our fingers crossed 

I think the season will start at some point,but I don’t think it will start as soon as some people think,I just hope it’s not too late for some clubs.

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I think the season will start at some point,but I don’t think it will start as soon as some people think,I just hope it’s not too late for some clubs.

I think the season will start(hopefully)in Mid March at the earliest when the weather gets better.We might have a shorter season who knows.

A lot can and will happen between now and the start of next season.

Well after listening to Boris the Spiders latest volley of wise words felt like a light had been turned off.. 6 months more of this, how can the game carry on under these measures, can't see us back with crowds before april/may some if not all teams must be feeling the pinch now, coming out of furlough at the end of the month will be the yardstick of where we actually are.. And the fear is we will lose teams, whether championship or championship 1, who would have thought after that fantastic win at Halifax that cold wet night how the world would turn to $hit for us all, don't know about everyone else.. Being positive is not something we can do easily now.. The band are still playing as the hulk of metal sinks below the icy waves in the midnight hour... 

36 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If any club can survive it's the Rams and Mark Sawyer's financial prudence may not win us trophies but reckon we have as good a chance as any of surviving and thriving when this is all over.

And looking at the 2021 squad, if there is rugby we will be up in the top 6.

Shhhhh say it quietly as we don’t want Fev and Sheffield trying to tap our players up before the season eventually gets started 😂

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If any club can survive it's the Rams and Mark Sawyer's financial prudence may not win us trophies but reckon we have as good a chance as any of surviving and thriving when this is all over.

And looking at the 2021 squad, if there is rugby we will be up in the top 6.

Couldn’t agree more but won’t be much fun if half of the clubs have gone to the wall.   
still bemused as to why professional clubs are being kicked so hard.  I can go to the pub and sit just one metre from any old Tom, Dick and Harry. Same with the cinema (indoors in case you didn’t know) and restaurants etc but not a rugby match.  I fail to see how opening up games with reduced capacity is any where near the risk of the aforementioned.  

8 hours ago, NickD said:

Couldn’t agree more but won’t be much fun if half of the clubs have gone to the wall.   
still bemused as to why professional clubs are being kicked so hard.  I can go to the pub and sit just one metre from any old Tom, Dick and Harry. Same with the cinema (indoors in case you didn’t know) and restaurants etc but not a rugby match.  I fail to see how opening up games with reduced capacity is any where near the risk of the aforementioned.  

Sadly at most championship games there is little need to reduce the capacity. Just carry on as normal, enforce the use of face masks and maybe dedicate one seated stand to the vulnerable, older members of society and call it a support(ers) bubble and Robert's your mother's brother. 😉

It will be safer than going to the supermarket, pub or cinema...

If the bars were shut, it'd be a financial loss, but could do bottle bars outside, but have to say it's outdoors maybe restrict the crowd to 1000. However, it's the players who are more likely to have the issues with working, training and playing. SL teams have had Covid outbreaks.

Well things are almost back to square one,regarding this virus.Behind the scenes SL don't want Toronto and yet they have been given a stay.All clubs below SL must be extremely worried.The gov't aren't going to bail out clubs like Bat. and Dews.and why should they.Things like the car boot are no way the cash cow it once was.Is it still unable to open? Mark has double the pain with the Bulls. as well.Most champ .clubs could go bust. But SL .RL would no doubt invite in the Bulls along with Toronto,NY , Ottawa,tinbucktwo and uncle Tom Cobbley and all. If somebody says "ive got pots of money ,honest guv." RL get exited with out checking their piggy banks.

//

14 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Heard today lower league football crowds won’t be allowed until March at the earliest,wonder if that will apply to rugby league clubs at championship level?

If we're lucky🤨🙁

17 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Heard today lower league football crowds won’t be allowed until March at the earliest,wonder if that will apply to rugby league clubs at championship level?

According to certain commentators if L1 and L2 can't have spectators within a month then a number of clubs will be unable to pay the wages and will be likely to close.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived