1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

Thanks again mate, keep it coming. Really enjoying this.

Spot on, this is great stuff.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dubaris Vs Kimbe, kit clash?!.. Was going to say the ref did a great job being able to distinguish each team.. till he gave a try to Dubaris when one of their players clearly pushed over one of the cutters defenders creating a gap for the try to be scored. He probably didn't know who pushed who!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Don`t know precisely what the "Loop" logo in the top left corner of all the Digicel Cup highlights refers to, but there`s a related YouTube channel. Noticeably they get far higher views for their RL content than anything else.

I learned something from watching one of their general news items. There`s not a single female member of the PNG parliament. This brings into sharper relief the importance of the PNG Orchids, and all the matters covered in the "Power Meri" film.

On 27/07/2020 at 03:22, unapologetic pedant said:

Don`t know precisely what the "Loop" logo in the top left corner of all the Digicel Cup highlights refers to, but there`s a related YouTube channel. Noticeably they get far higher views for their RL content than anything else.

I learned something from watching one of their general news items. There`s not a single female member of the PNG parliament. This brings into sharper relief the importance of the PNG Orchids, and all the matters covered in the "Power Meri" film.

Any idea, where I can watch Power Meri? 

2 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Ok, thanks U.P. 

No reference to the above quote, just wanted to say that you do come across some pretty funny one liners around these pages sometimes. Puts a smile on my face. 

On 27/07/2020 at 03:22, unapologetic pedant said:

Loop is a PNG digital tv channel.

rldfsignature.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the highlights of the latest three televised Digicel Cup games, I`m struck by the refreshingly liberal policy of the officials in relation to a number of things, but especially obstruction. Both today and in previous rounds there`ve been tries that would probably have been ruled out in the NRL, after the bunker put the magnifying-glass on various inside shoulders and possible shepherds.

The fact that PNG refs let these things go, don`t go looking for problems, allows more varied patterns of play to emerge. Everything isn`t being over-regulated into rigidity, by media-induced paranoia.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Disappointingly, the Digicel Cup highlights packages are no longer appearing on YouTube. However, from what I can glean from social media Hela beat Rabaul 11-10 in golden point.

So, as their lead commentator would say "There it is, Wigmen are in".

Grand Final - Lae Tigers vs Hela Wigmen.

Edit: GF result, Tigers 14 Wigmen 16. Still don`t understand what`s happened to the media coverage.

• 1 month later...

Seems to be quite a lot happening around Sepik Pride's bid for a Digicel Cup team, based at Wewak on the North Coast.

Twenty teams from around PNG taking part in a nines tournament at Wewak's refurbished ground today.

https://www.thenational.com.pg/sepik-rugby-league-nines-tournament-attracts-20-teams/

The interestingly named Funeral Home Laumas have won several previous 9's tournaments in Moresby.

On 11/10/2020 at 22:26, unapologetic pedant said:

Disappointingly, the Digicel Cup highlights packages are no longer appearing on YouTube. However, from what I can glean from social media Hela beat Rabaul 11-10 in golden point.

So, as their lead commentator would say "There it is, Wigmen are in".

Grand Final - Lae Tigers vs Hela Wigmen.

Edit: GF result, Tigers 14 Wigmen 16. Still don`t understand what`s happened to the media coverage.

Someone needs to pick this up for 2021 so we can watch live. Who has the rights? Could Our League acquire them?

Archived