Statement re Toronto and Fev taking their place

Maureen T-k

16 minutes ago, Fev1983 said:

The stuff of dreams

but 

Due to the unfortunate circumstances regarding TWP at this critical moment in time to restart SL , Leigh Centurions owner Derek Beaumont has been approached by the RFL regarding taking TWP position in SL to fulfill their remaining fixtures with a guaranteed place in SL next season. Mr Beaumont said he,and the RFL agreed that Leigh Centurions are in a position to do this without any detriment to the club in any way shape of form, and would benefit all SL clubs. This has come after ALL SL CEO's have agreed to this unanimously.

6 minutes ago, POR said:

but 

Due to the unfortunate circumstances regarding TWP at this critical moment in time to restart SL , Leigh Centurions owner Derek Beaumont has been approached by the RFL regarding taking TWP position in SL to fulfill their remaining fixtures with a guaranteed place in SL next season. Mr Beaumont said he,and the RFL agreed that Leigh Centurions are in a position to do this without any detriment to the club in any way shape of form, and would benefit all SL clubs. This has come after ALL SL CEO's have agreed to this unanimously.

You believed that post? 

7 minutes ago, POR said:

but 

🤪

What a bl---dy cheek, from Toronto stating that they are withdrawing from the Super League, and will be ok for 2021. How can they seriously think they can just carry on as though nothing has happened . However nothing regarding our top brass would surprise me ? 

Rumours are rife , no doubt the posts will be coming thick & fast.

But knowing how fast the RL work when will the final decision be made.

If Leigh, or even Fev, replaced Toronto, at least half the SL clubs would get no home fixture against them yet have the expense of an extra away fixture, so I can't see them wanting it? 

2 hours ago, Bryan S Taylor said:

Rumour has it that Bronco's have also offered. 

We will have to wait and see what happens.

The RFL and Super League are not going to rush a decision.

Anybody know when a decision is to be made?

April next year theres a meeting to set a date for a meeting to decide what to do.

i dident think you could throw towel in like toronto have, and then pick it back up and get back in ring.i relly hope you guys get in SL and give em what for,al put mi house on you not going 6-0 for sure. YORKSHIRE.

1 hour ago, silverback said:

i dident think you could throw towel in like toronto have, and then pick it back up and get back in ring.i relly hope you guys get in SL and give em what for,al put mi house on you not going 6-0 for sure. YORKSHIRE.

Who would want to leave you lot behind😃😃😃

On 22/07/2020 at 20:44, jamescolin said:

A play off between Featherstone,  London and Leigh??

Weren't Toulouse at the top of the league table?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Weren't Toulouse at the top of the league table?

Go on BSJ I’ll bite.

Toulouse were one of 3 unbeaten sides, with Fev missing 1 postponed game against a Fax team that even Dewsbury could beat (but don’t tell Ainley Top 😉). Of the so called top four teams in the division there had been one game between them that had seen SL relegated Broncos humbled by the Fev village team. So on this year’s results choose any team for SL.

Given that is the case you would have to go on last year’s results which basically becomes a choice between the team relegated from SL or the team losing the Million Pound game, I’ll let you choose.

but either way which ever choice you make it is all academic because SL would not want another team in since they would have to share the TV money out that bit further which they will never do.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

don't forget to remind him grinder toulouse  have beaten the bottom four and it would have

been the bottom five if batley hadn't got a golden point against sheffield so impressive form 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, POR said:

don't forget to remind him grinder toulouse  have beaten the bottom four and it would have

been the bottom five if batley hadn't got a golden point against sheffield so impressive form 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Missing my point, clearly, which was why a hypothetical play-off that excludes Toulouse? (We all know the real reason, don't we?)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Missing my point, clearly, which was why a hypothetical play-off that excludes Toulouse? (We all know the real reason, don't we?)

BSJ,

Please enlighten us, since I don't know the reason why Colin suggested a playoff between Fev, Leigh and London, which didn't include Toulouse. I guess that you must be a fantastic mind reader.

PS Can you answer my question to you which team do you believe should fulfil TWP games in SL this year? 

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

5 hours ago, The Grinder said:

BSJ,

Please enlighten us, since I don't know the reason why Colin suggested a playoff between Fev, Leigh and London, which didn't include Toulouse. I guess that you must be a fantastic mind reader.

PS Can you answer my question to you which team do you believe should fulfil TWP games in SL this year? 

It was from previous comments about those three teams. 

Archived