Championship and L1 season scrapped

8 hours ago, Fev1983 said:

Any team that voted to end the season should not be allowed to play in the comp 

I agree but personally I would like the club to tell the RFL to stick it where the sun don't shine 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, POR said:

so far   Sheffield, Halifax, Rochdale, Toulouse  and kieghley have  said no and  only batley have said yes  

Batley have said 'hope to' not a definite yes. Their participation depends on a number of factors, some of which are as yet unknown eg will, and how many, spectators will be allowed in. 

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Batley have said 'hope to' not a definite yes. Their participation depends on a number of factors, some of which are as yet unknown eg will, and how many, spectators will be allowed in. 

irrespective of all that they have said they 

as a Club we want to play in the Cup competition proposed in October and November 

so for me that is a yes

as opposed to sheffield

Sheffield Eagles can confirm that the club will not be participating in the Autumn competition

so for me that is a no

spot the difference

1 hour ago, POR said:

irrespective of all that they have said they 

as a Club we want to play in the Cup competition proposed in October and November 

so for me that is a yes

as opposed to sheffield

Sheffield Eagles can confirm that the club will not be participating in the Autumn competition

so for me that is a no

spot the difference

Granted that it's not an outright 'no' but at best it's a 'maybe'. They don't even know if their players will be available.... 

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Granted that it's not an outright 'no' but at best it's a 'maybe'. They don't even know if their players will be available.... 

they could always get the TWP players who are doing nowt at the mo🤣

15 hours ago, haskey said:

Where do I find this info POR

https://www.totalrl.com/club-by-club-guide-to-whos-in-and-whos-out-of-rfls-autumn-competition/

League Express have stated they understand Toulouse and London won't be competing either.

I think it's a difficult decision for some clubs weighing up what sort of a competition is likely to ensue and whether the financial rewards, as well as the chance for fans and players to get involved with rugby league again, are worth bringing squads back into training, testing, and the possible injuries close to the start of pre-season training for 2021.

Its not a difficult decision at all to anyone with common sense.Scrap this season now and everyone will know where they stand.Don't expect unlimited crowds for the start of next season although 25/30% of capacity will be OK for us.With costs involved and some areas at risk i can't understand teams wanting to take part in a Hybrid competition of very limited value.

13 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Its not a difficult decision at all to anyone with common sense.

Not sure how you can say that unless you know all the factors involved - when furlough will be withdrawn, how the prize money will be divided out with fewer teams entering, what the likely prospects are of being able to get spectators into the ground later on this year, whether playing games in the autumn might put teams in prime position for recruitment (including players likely to be released from SL teams, or to give players trial time) etc etc. Not to mention we still don't seem to have had a decision on what's happening with SL next year - Toronto allowed to carry on, running with 11 teams, or something else?

If it were not a difficult decision I think we would have seen every club already pull out.

Only reason most teams have not pulled out is because they wish to offer members somethingiIe Game rather than have to refund money.Although i would estimate over 80% of clubs members would not ask for a refund subject to their financial position.Just my opinion as you know i am never slow to state my point.

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Only reason most teams have not pulled out is because they wish to offer members somethingiIe Game rather than have to refund money.Although i would estimate over 80% of clubs members would not ask for a refund subject to their financial position.Just my opinion as you know i am never slow to state my point.

I think those points are probably true. I do think the decision to pull out of the Challenge Cup was definitely an easy one. It won't surprise me if this autumn comp ends up being abandoned but think it's probably a more complex decision for some clubs than others.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Add West Wales to Workington earlier today and we're down to 11, and counting.

looking at the list on  TRL there were 12 listed to be undecided but if west wales  Toulouse and London then all that's left is

Undecided: Barrow Raiders, Batley Bulldogs, Bradford Bulls, Dewsbury Rams, Doncaster, Featherstone Rovers, Leigh Centurions, London Skolars, York City Knights

that's nine in total

1 hour ago, POR said:

dewsbury in 

https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2020/08/10/rams-enter-autumn-cup/ 

and according to grandson on twitter  six clubs signed up to play

on here we'ave got three bradford leigh  dewsbury other three anyone 

Batley are rumoured to be in and I've seen Barrow mentioned too.

8 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Batley are rumoured to be in and I've seen Barrow mentioned too.

And Fev................happen? Can't see there being any more.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived