Championship and L1 season scrapped

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Customary warning that the quote came from Mick Gledhill...

I can see where your coming from but law of averages says he got to get one thing  right some of the time    🤣

2 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

We'll say in - but it won't matter. 

The competition won't run.

Close, but no cigar. 😉

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/rovers-decline-autumn-competition-invitation-AXq1K

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

There won't be many teams entering at this rate - probably a max of 6. What is the point?

They've  rightly cancelled the season so what's point in a pointless competition? 

Only Barrow, Bradford, Dewsbury and Leigh have confirmed their entry to the competition, with  Batley and the two London clubs still undecided

The prize money came from a Super League handout, by way of compensation for the removal of promotion and relegation caused by the cancellation of the season due to the coronavirus pandemic. so no competition probably take it back

48 minutes ago, POR said:

Only Barrow, Bradford, Dewsbury and Leigh have confirmed their entry to the competition, with  Batley and the two London clubs still undecided

The prize money came from a Super League handout, by way of compensation for the removal of promotion and relegation caused by the cancellation of the season due to the coronavirus pandemic. so no competition probably take it back

They can't be undecided, closing date for entry was yesterday. Not sure why they haven't announced publicly. And at least one of those 'in' have added the proviso that their entry is conditional on crowds being allowed with a (reduced) capacity above a critical number. 

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

They can't be undecided, closing date for entry was yesterday. Not sure why they haven't announced publicly. And at least one of those 'in' have added the proviso that their entry is conditional on crowds being allowed with a (reduced) capacity above a critical number. 

agree they cant be undecided now but that was the state of affairs yesterday 

can't understand why nothings been confirmed one way or tuther

2 minutes ago, POR said:

agree they cant be undecided now but that was the state of affairs yesterday 

can't understand why nothings been confirmed one way or tuther

TBH I'd have thought that if enough teams had entered it would have been announced that the competition was going ahead even if the actual format was yet to be decided. 

6 hours ago, POR said:

Three confirmed then? 🤔🤣

The Rovers are not entering the competition.

As a season ticket holder I received communication from from club

asking me if I wanted a refund, discount on tickets next season or just donate the ticket back to the club.

A sorry and sad state of affairs but perfectly understandable in the present situation.

The club has a responsibility to its staff, supporters and visiting supporters and it is the only decision the club can reasonably make.

Good luck to  all at Rovers and all other clubs in the future. Will be there next season routing for the club.

Up the Rovers.

21 hours ago, POR said:

Broncos confirmed that they wouldn't enter weeks ago FWIW.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 hours ago, POR said:

I understand that the payment (more than £250k) was conditional on no P&R, not upon aan alternative competition being run. The RFL decided to try to run this competition, quite independent of any SL input. On that basis I fail to see how SL could "take it back".

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, POR said:

batley in🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

With spectators at the Snooker Final today,and Owners and a couple of Bookies allowed on course at York next week.The Mount would be an ideal ground to experiment with limited crowds.As i fear even next season unlimited spectators may not happen before July.That's unless Putins miracle vacine works,but could we get our hands on it?.

21 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Any link to that announcement as no one else seems to have seen it, including some of the sport's journalists? 

Finally confirmed on Friday. It was a quote from Danny Ward that I had taken as confirmation - never believe coaches, eh?

Archived