Play games for Toronto...

If I were the owner of a league 1 side, I would be offering to complete fixtures for the Wolfpack.

For example, Keighley Cougars could abandon their fixtures and let their squad play against SL opponents,gaining experience for the players.

Thoughts?

Any League1 team (and I support one), would be way way underprepared and out of their depth, and what would they gain from it, except the possibility of getting their players seriously injured (remember this would not be a one off cup game you are talking about, but a week to week battering over a full season). For sure there would be no money.

Do we think TotalRL fans forum could muster up a squad to give Super League a shot?

Could be the stuff of Hollywood fairytales!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

33 minutes ago, Rhinoferg said:

If I were the owner of a league 1 side, I would be offering to complete fixtures for the Wolfpack.

For example, Keighley Cougars could abandon their fixtures and let their squad play against SL opponents,gaining experience for the players.

Thoughts?

Featherstone Lions Under 9s might be available, could have a local derby with Castleford or Wakefield!

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Will everyone just stop trying to eat me?! First it was Rugby League Does What Sky Says when I was in the virtual pub when he was trying to bbq me and now you're trying to slather me with sauce! I mean, I know I'm tasty but give over! 😋

Nearly lunch time in Vancouver, sun is shining, sure fancy some BBQ!

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Ooh, I like it.

I’ll play as long as we can agree to call it off if it looks like we’ll get pasted.

Morgan Smithies tackle record of 72 would be under serious threat. I would miss way more tackles than that.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

The worst idea since a bloke called Alois Hitler said to his wife Klara on one boring night, "hey love, you fancy making a baby tonight?" 

The worst idea since John F. Kennedy said to Jackie "it's such a nice day, let's put the top down".

1 hour ago, Rhinoferg said:

Thoughts?

If that did happen, a top championship side would be better surely? I’d hate to see West Wales v Saints. 

14 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The worst idea since John F. Kennedy said to Jackie "it's such a nice day, let's put the top down".

‘ Come on , what’s the worst that can happen ... it throws a sudden shower and we get wet ‘

40 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Queens pub.... upper Lonsdale.....h1 to the boathouse (pronounced bowthowse) horseshoe Bay for tea... jobs sorted.😎

I live in Lynn Valley, the Black Bear is my local!

Lynn Valley???? You've got a wad as big as my ar se!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

A lovely part of the world. Last time I was there we took ourself over the bridge into the park.... we walked a fair way but became very conscious we were alone and were definitely not bear aware..... as we turned back there was a huge snap in the forestry..   the memsahib let out such a bloody scream it echo'd for ages. In time a ranger was with us.....  we got back rather embarrassingly to safety....

Lynn Valley Park is beautiful. That is the place both of us would love to retire to.

You do live in a wonderful part of the world.

Incidentally..... my fav radio station is rock101 Vancouver...... i listen most days😆

16 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Lynn Valley???? You've got a wad as big as my ar se!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

A lovely part of the world. Last time I was there we took ourself over the bridge into the park.... we walked a fair way but became very conscious we were alone and were definitely not bear aware..... as we turned back there was a huge snap in the forestry..   the memsahib let out such a bloody scream it echo'd for ages. In time a ranger was with us.....  we got back rather embarrassingly to safety....

Lynn Valley Park is beautiful. That is the place both of us would love to retire to.

You do live in a wonderful part of the world.

Incidentally..... my fav radio station is rock101 Vancouver...... i listen most days😆

I live 10 mins walk from the canyon, ironically when we bought our townhouse in 2009 it was one of the few parts of the North Shore that was just about in our price range, now of course it’s trendy, with new developments going up around the centre so if we wanted to buy our current place now it would be out of the question, luckily we have no desire to move and as you say it’s one of the most beautiful places in the Lower Mainland. Have to admit laughing though when I see the tourists paying to enter Capilano Suspension Bridge when they can go to Lynn Canyon bridge for free and it’s something I’m quick to point out if I get talking to any visitors. Also Rock101 is awesome, even my dog likes it!

Archived