At least 50% of the Championship wanted to continue - respected RL Journalist

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, londonbronco said:

I think Mick got his wires crossed with London not wishing to continue.  According to the Mirror they're all ready to take Torontos place and that "Danny Ward has declared interest in a return for the remainder of the campaign"  https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/london-broncos-offer-take-toronto-22392743

quite possibly but It's  a lot different wanting to play in SL instead of TWP than having to play in the championship 

Hes a moron who has been called out on social media several times over his made up garbage. I wouldn't take his word with a pinch of salt, I would take it with an EU salt mountain.

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

Mick's motivation absolutely should be questioned. 

A lot of his stuff has an agenda and is propoganda to support his viewpoint. 

Remember his #positiverugbyleague campaign which ran alongside his hate campaign of anything SL?

Correct.  Lots of reporters have agendas.  In his case how does he get from naming 7 clubs to more than 50%

Plus how can any club be put in any list without their criteria being listed. A club might want one demand and an other a different one.

For once the RFL made a decision, I would argue they were late, but they have now got some reality and certainty.  But as ever, as in lots of cases, some parties want to obfuscate.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Correct.  Lots of reporters have agendas.  In his case how does he get from naming 7 clubs to more than 50%

Plus how can any club be put in any list without their criteria being listed. A club might want one demand and an other a different one.

For once the RFL made a decision, I would argue they were late, but they have now got some reality and certainty.  But as ever, as in lots of cases, some parties want to obfuscate.

They weren't late, how many more times. First they had to squeeze the £400k out of SL or they would have got nothing by making an early declaration.

Negotations are complex things, not ssimply snap decisions in order to satisfy the impatient.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Certainly not my understanding of the Broncos stance. Would be interested if to know Mr Gledhill is repeating the comments of Bradford CEO Mark Sawyer or not.

I can certainly see London seeing no value in the RFL125 Cup competition but if promotion was up for grabs then the club would have a chance and so would compete.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Has Rimmer denied this and stated what the split was?

The day Rimmer starts responding to allegations from Mick Gledhill is the day the management of our sport has truly lost its mind.

30 minutes ago, M j M said:

The day Rimmer starts responding to allegations from Mick Gledhill is the day the management of our sport has truly lost its mind.

He should have replied when he told him to "go forth and multiply."

If the RFL replied to every piece of tittle tattle, they'd have no time to run the game 

On 22/07/2020 at 13:07, Dave T said:

Did the Paul Rowley to Ottawa thing ever come off? Apparently it was common knowledge in RL media circles. Has he been announced as assistant or something? 

He also said Jackson Hastings was the Salford half back going to Leeds last season.

How many times was he banned from this forum for calling referees integrity into question? 

10 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Gledhill said it again this evening on the Full 80 Minutes that 7 Championship clubs wanted to restart. Added that the other 7 Championship clubs, plus the vast majority of League 1 clubs, voted against.

Has the imbecile came up with some actual evidence or proof yet, or just his usual made up tripe?

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

Has the imbecile came up with some actual evidence or proof yet, or just his usual made up tripe?

Of course not. Its all "sources say".

Remarkable how only Fev have come out fighting here.

10 hours ago, dboy said:

If that is the case, then surely the view of the majority should be respected?

It's the 7 that are clearly out of step and trying to unfairly influence things for their own selfish ends.

The majority are being listened to and they've cancelled the season.

Archived