World Cup of Beer - FINAL!

Who makes the best beer?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the best beer?

• England
    • Germany

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/07/20 at 10:59

England v Germany

Voting closes on Sunday at noon.

Vote responsibly!

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

9 hours ago, Skids said:

Belgium stood a chance in the final. Germany are nowhere near the quality and variety of England.

I didn't watch the Belgium Germany match, but there must have been some dodgy reffing!

It finished level and the Germans won on penalties. I blame the "stay at home" voters.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

my line up is

Fullers ESB

Abbot Reserve

Crafty Hen

King Goblin

Wild Card IPA

Shepherd Neame Bishops Finger

Youngs Special

Brew Dog IPA

Owd Rodger

Sam Smith Old Brewery Bitter

Harveys Sussex Bitter

Adnams Ghost Ship

McMullens County

only one beer per brewery!

kev

14 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Tim can you do another competition AOB enjoyed this.

How about...

Proposers put forward their beer (s) of choice which can be organised into 4 pools of (total number of proposed / 4) and then quarter and semi finals. 

The rule to allow a beer to be proposed being it should be widely available in the UK (sorry ex-pats, probably too tricky) so we can actually try the drinks being voted on. I know that means the many excellent micro breweries up and down the country are not eligible but.....That's what they get for not being mainstream.

I've not drunk enough types tun a sensible beer brand competition. I might do wine countries next. England might have home advantage but I doubt they'll progress far.

23 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Tonight, I'll be reviewing hand-pulled Tetleys Bitter and Jennings Cumberland. I generally review them a few times every week.

not a big fan of tet;eys, but i do like the jennings. needs reviewing on a regular basis to keep brewers on their toes & in buisness. drink out to help out!

On 23/07/2020 at 16:50, kev p said:

my line up is

Fullers ESB

Abbot Reserve

Crafty Hen

King Goblin

Wild Card IPA

Shepherd Neame Bishops Finger

Youngs Special

Brew Dog IPA

Owd Rodger

Sam Smith Old Brewery Bitter

Harveys Sussex Bitter

Adnams Ghost Ship

McMullens County

only one beer per brewery!

kev

You have some appalling tastes in beer.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I was going to suggest that we have a best of 16 English beers - we all put suggestions forward and then Tim2, makes the final choice of 16 as it was his idea initially, and then go head to head down to a final.

But then you'd have to include fairly well-known national brands and not the small micro-brewery beers that only 1 or 2 of us have supped

I'd put forward

Oakham Citra

Titanic Plum Porter

Coniston Bluebird

Moorhouses Pendle Witches Brew

Thornbridge Jaipur

13 minutes ago, Skids said:

What are your favourites?

Thornbridge Jaipur

Salopian Lemon Dream

Wigan Brew Co. California

Roosters Yankee

Oakham Ales Citra

Hophurst Brewery Cosmati

Hawkshead NZ IPA

Kelham Island Pale Rider

Blackedge Cascade

Ossett Yorkshire Blonde

Copper Dragon Golden Pippin

Moorhouses White Witch

Rivington Brew Co. Never Known Fog Like It.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Padge said:

Thornbridge Jaipur

Salopian Lemon Dream

Roosters Yankee

Oakham Ales Citra

Hophurst Brewery Cosmati

Hawkshead NZ IPA

Kelham Island Pale Rider

Blackedge Cascade

Ossett Yorkshire Blonde

Moorhouses White Witch

Some nice ones in there. I'll lookout for the ones I haven't tried.

Some people are in the pub! They think it's all over!

It is now.

A win for England which is possibly deserved but which has a bit of home advantage about it.

4 hours ago, Padge said:

Thornbridge Jaipur

Salopian Lemon Dream

Roosters Yankee

Oakham Ales Citra

Hophurst Brewery Cosmati

Hawkshead NZ IPA

Kelham Island Pale Rider

Blackedge Cascade

Ossett Yorkshire Blonde

Moorhouses White Witch

dont think i've seen any of them, but will keep a look out for a taster if i come across any of them

1 hour ago, kev p said:

dont think i've seen any of them, but will keep a look out for a taster if i come across any of them

Jaipur is a beast. Goes down easily but it's high in alcohol.

2 hours ago, tim2 said:

Jaipur is a beast. Goes down easily but it's high in alcohol.

They regularly have it on at Manchester Airport (well did), at 5:00am in the morning when you are heading off to Greece its should I shouldn't I, being weak willed I do.

Talking to the bar manager once in there on my way to foreign parts and he started telling me about the other Thornbridge beers he had lined up in the cellar. I said to him I hadn't planned to be around long enough for him to be changing ales and did he know something I didn't.

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

They regularly have it on at Manchester Airport (well did), at 5:00am in the morning when you are heading off to Greece its should I shouldn't I, being weak willed I do.

Talking to the bar manager once in there on my way to foreign parts and he started telling me about the other Thornbridge beers he had lined up in the cellar. I said to him I hadn't planned to be around long enough for him to be changing ales and did he know something I didn't.

Every Thornbridge beer I've had has been good.

5 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Every Thornbridge beer I've had has been good.

They are an excellent brewery.

Archived