Villeneuve leopards sign former NRL player

Hot on the heels of signing Stan Robin, they confirmed the signing Sami Sauiluma. Looks like they mean business. 

As I've said before they look to be the most serious of French clubs that have stated interest in joining the English league system 

https://treizemondial.fr/villeneuve-signe-un-australien-passe-par-les-raiders-et-les-sharks/

Can join the list of Paul Sironen, Grant Doorey, Brock Mueller and Quentin Pongia of former ARL/NRL players. Probably others I've forgotten.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

46 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Former NRL player is in many many years ago.  I had to look him up as I didn’t know who he was. 

I see Carcassonne have signed Tuilagi

They've signed a Tuilagi though it's Vavae and not Manu.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

1 hour ago, dunno much said:

Toulouse Olympique’s captain Con Mika to sign at Villeneuve also.

Wow that's a statement of intent. These guys are serious, coz Mika is a damn good player and could easily play for many SL teams. 

I really do think they're pushing for the English league system and want to show that they can dominate the local league like Catalan and Toulouse did before they came to play over here. 

The Leopards are making big power moves, watch this space.

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Let's hope they get some fans to the games if they start winning 

How many fans do they get to games Barnyia? According to Wikipedia the town’s population is 22k but obv there may be fans from the surrounding area?

If they do boss L1 for a couple of years and were interested in getting into the English system I’d hope they wouldn’t have to go through L1, which imho is prob weaker than Elite 1. 

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

How many fans do they get to games Barnyia? According to Wikipedia the town’s population is 22k but obv there may be fans from the surrounding area?

If they do boss L1 for a couple of years and were interested in getting into the English system I’d hope they wouldn’t have to go through L1, which imho is prob weaker than Elite 1. 

They are part of the Lot-et-Garonne catchment area which has a population of 330,000

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=raocX4GDIdLKgweSpa1w&q=lot-et-garonne&gs_ssp=eJzj4tDP1TfIzbC0MGD04svJL9FNLdFNTyzKz8tLBQBlhAhJ&oq=lot-&gs_lcp=ChFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBABGAAyBQguEJMCMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCC4yAggAMgIIADoICCkQsQMQgwE6BggpEAcQHjoLCCkQsQMQgwEQkQI6BAgpEAo6BQgpELEDOgIIKToICAAQsQMQgwE6BQgAELEDOggILhCxAxCDAToFCC4QsQNQyyFYiDhg9EJoAXAAeACAAZgBiAGSA5IBAzIuMpgBAKABAbABDw&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp

4 hours ago, barnyia said:

Let's hope they get some fans to the games if they start winning 

Barnyia I can`t help but notice that your profile picture has the Villeneuve colours in  it . I think that I can make out the name Villeneuve.

Do you have a link to the club?

They get a few hundred, it's villeneuve minervois where I used to coach/play at the end of my playing days. 

I'm currently involved in the lezignan club coaching my kids in the junior sections and the u19s(who follow the first team fixtures playing the curtain raiser so I see the crowds etc) 

19 hours ago, dunno much said:

Toulouse Olympique’s captain Con Mika to sign at Villeneuve also.

Some movements at TO. Houles has announced 5 newcomers for 2021. Anchors Ford and Kheirallah extended their contracts along with other overseas players Junior and Patty Vaivai, Bretherton and White too. Building each season slowly. Stade Ernest Wallon awaits their return.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

3 hours ago, audois said:

Some movements at TO. Houles has announced 5 newcomers for 2021. Anchors Ford and Kheirallah extended their contracts along with other overseas players Junior and Patty Vaivai, Bretherton and White too. Building each season slowly. Stade Ernest Wallon awaits their return.

How many French players are left in the toulouse squad now Gordon? 

21 hours ago, barnyia said:

How many French players are left in the toulouse squad now Gordon? 

Houles is saying that pre-season to start in October. Will he use the Championship French players in Elite 1 starting in November I wonder? Do you think a closer relationship between TO and the Dragons could be away forward. The likes of Albert and Mourgue now shouldn't be playing in Elite 1.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

The dreams of Villeneuve  joining Super League are just foolish. French rugby league needs cities with large stadiums, large fan bases, and corporate economic infrastructure of financial support, in order for a team to prepare to join Super League. Toulouse fits the bill perfectly. After Toulouse, Avignon with its existing stadium, lack of existing professional sports teams, and wider catchment area might be an option. Other options might be Paris and Lyon. But Villeneuve is a silly idea that will not help French rugby league to grow significantly.

5 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

The dreams of Villeneuve  joining Super League are just foolish. French rugby league needs cities with large stadiums, large fan bases, and corporate economic infrastructure of financial support, in order for a team to prepare to join Super League. Toulouse fits the bill perfectly. After Toulouse, Avignon with its existing stadium, lack of existing professional sports teams, and wider catchment area might be an option. Other options might be Paris and Lyon. But Villeneuve is a silly idea that will not help French rugby league to grow significantly.

There was a guy on RLFans who said pretty much the same as you. Can't remember his name. John Capstaff I think it was?

Villeneuve are really making a statement, I am sure they will be dismayed at your response. 

I missed that Stan Robin was leaving to Villeneuve?! I thought he was one of Toulouse's better players..what's the story there?

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

36 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Planning for after rugby, job plus a playing contract with less training and less travel

So will probably double his money

👍 makes sense I suppose.

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

Archived