2021 squad

phildog

Ey up, 'ere he goes again, I hear the groans now, but...Rams have announced their dual reg with HKR is to continue. Are enquiries underway EARLY ENOUGH from us this time to get one? Ok, we don't like it but we have to get over it if we don't want to start a new season already looking at a relegation dogfight. Do current contracts count for anything now, suppose they must do seeing as the useless RFL has announced an October competition which would in most cases be a time when players might be out of contract. Are we in discussions with any current players? I know, you'll all come back saying the financial future is dicey, central funding etc, but waiting and hanging back will make it even harder when we know where we are, having given opponents the chance to do what we don't. Will we be approaching better players, no disrespect to those we have, one of which I'm delighted to sponsor? (See my Sammut post). If Shaun Lunt is staying, get him out on the road with our negotiator(s) as an ambassador, talking to blokes he knows who might be considering a change of playing scenery. We didn't build and improve on 2016, we have to start now.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, phildog said:

Ey up, 'ere he goes again, I hear the groans now, but...Rams have announced their dual reg with HKR is to continue. Are enquiries underway EARLY ENOUGH from us this time to get one? Ok, we don't like it but we have to get over it if we don't want to start a new season already looking at a relegation dogfight. Do current contracts count for anything now, suppose they must do seeing as the useless RFL has announced an October competition which would in most cases be a time when players might be out of contract. Are we in discussions with any current players? I know, you'll all come back saying the financial future is dicey, central funding etc, but waiting and hanging back will make it even harder when we know where we are, having given opponents the chance to do what we don't. Will we be approaching better players, no disrespect to those we have, one of which I'm delighted to sponsor? (See my Sammut post). If Shaun Lunt is staying, get him out on the road with our negotiator(s) as an ambassador, talking to blokes he knows who might be considering a change of playing scenery. We didn't build and improve on 2016, we have to start now.

I think that on this you might be wrong, I read somewhere from the RFL that November 30th was the end of contract date. From KN's words on the website, I reckon we may be in a reasonable position (that being relative of course) compared to plenty of other clubs.

As for the rest, much of it is supposition. 

Could be right on contract expiry date. Think the rest is thought provoking. We would for instance have been talking to current players and new ones, as would other clubs possibly have been talking to ours. Assume we announced a new signing then he has to play for his current club in this competition in October and gets busted? So, nobody's going to make any move til after that, cutting down time and a possible player pool.

1 minute ago, phildog said:

Could be right on contract expiry date. Think the rest is thought provoking. We would for instance have been talking to current players and new ones, as would other clubs possibly have been talking to ours. Assume we announced a new signing then he has to play for his current club in this competition in October and gets busted? So, nobody's going to make any move til after that, cutting down time and a possible player pool.

Always thought provoking Phil. I suspect the scenario of signing for one club but getting injured is relatively common, indeed didn't it happen to JC against Dewsbury when he was on his way to Bradford? I think all this competition does in terms of signings is delay some clubs announcing new recruits. However, the grapevine will be as prolific as usual I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, phildog said:

Are we at discussions stage yet, Swinton being very active, have announced about 7 re-signings and 1 new.

at the mo FEV have 21 signed for 2021 including 1 from swinton 

Yeah but your building for super league ahem!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

No. Delusions of grandeur= bankruptcy 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Put out to pasture. Still decent dogs or rams. Past it hawks or cougars!

Int rugby league positivity great

12 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

Well were down to.one hooker and one 2 halfbacks at minute so recruitment must be a couple.of centres a halfback and a hooker 

That’s the priorities I guess but hopefully Leaky Yates and White are signing and not being courted by others 🤞

Archived