4 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Should Wakefield be allowed to be signing all these new players after forcing such a large pay cut on their current squad?

Probably on a very low wage this year and a better one next season when Brough's wages will be available.

A sponsor might have chucked in as well. 

Good signing.

Lee Kershaw has agreed a contract extension through 2021 too.  Good news.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

9 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Probably on a very low wage this year and a better one next season when Brough's wages will be available.

A sponsor might have chucked in as well. 

Good signing.

Contracts cannot be weighted to supply more money in later seasons than earlier ones. That is what Wigan got points docked for in 2006.

It's hardly a secret that Wakefield were not paying up to the cap limit though so they have the wiggle room and no doubt his contracted wage is subject to the same level of cuts as the rest during this season. Good news for them that Kershaw has extended his contract too.

54 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

Contracts cannot be weighted to supply more money in later seasons than earlier ones. That is what Wigan got points docked for in 2006.

It's hardly a secret that Wakefield were not paying up to the cap limit though so they have the wiggle room and no doubt his contracted wage is subject to the same level of cuts as the rest during this season. Good news for them that Kershaw has extended his contract too.

But isnt that just where there is a cap issue? Wakefield are well under I understand so no conflict.

Also, could it be 2 contracts? One for 2020 and another for 2021? Or is that sort of thing banned?

28 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

But isnt that just where there is a cap issue? Wakefield are well under I understand so no conflict.

Also, could it be 2 contracts? One for 2020 and another for 2021? Or is that sort of thing banned?

Yes it is banned. When Wigan did it after signing Fielden and a couple of others they used it as a way to stay under the cap. That is why they were punished for breaking the spirit of the cap (as they didn't exceed the cap total due to offsetting part of contracts for future seasons). It was banned after that. Wakefield or any other club could sign a player on a contract to the end of this season and then when that expired replace it with a larger new contract. That is not what Wakefield have announced though, Gigot's deal covers two seasons and so the contracted wage must be the same in both years.

A lot depends on which version of Tony Gigot they get !

On his day a game changer and capable of brilliant moves and passes.

However, on other days he can be a hindrance and not worth his place on the pitch.

Know one club where he is a fixture on their worst ever 13 for how he performed for them.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Should Wakefield be allowed to be signing all these new players after forcing such a large pay cut on their current squad?

At a guess, I reckon Brough and Arundel have been de-registered as "out for the season", with the medical insurance paying their wages off.

Just a guess.

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Did it not work out for him with Hermes?

Turned out it was actually Herpes.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Didn't take you long to pop up making snarky comments did it? 

But you have no agenda against Trinity, really. 

7 hours ago, The Vet said:

Gigot is up there in a category of being decent and nothing more but the Sky commentary blow smoke where it doesn’t need to go, only my opinion

I’ve been consistent in saying his best position is Centre. However Wakey have 2 strong centres, who I would not swap.

I do not think he is a first choice FB either and would be surprised if he replaced Hampshire.  I think he will be in at SO but Chester appears to be over the moon with the signing so must have a gap he needs to fill.  

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

So he left Catalans because he thought he was too good for them, then got a brief gig playing for Toronto for nowt, and is now at Belle Vue. I wonder if he’s pleased how it’s panned out. 

I was under the impression that he fell out of favour after signing Tomkins and some other foreigners.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think I remember he wanted more money. 

***Flicks through the book of typical Eddie responses to posts he doesn’t like***

”You don’t know that, why don’t you ask him if you want to know? This is a forum, not somewhere to ask questions”. 

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

***Flicks through the book of typical Eddie responses to posts he doesn’t like***

”You don’t know that, why don’t you ask him if you want to know? This is a forum, not somewhere to ask questions”. 

That was what it was down to.  Iirc it upset Guasch after they helped him through the mess he created with the dope testers and he wouldn’t offer anymore.

Archived