I'm happy to see Gigot back in SL. Wakey could be a good fit for him. 

Hopefully Chester can get the best out of him. 

I think at the Dragons its a shame he ended up leaving, however once they signed Tomkins and then later Maloney you did wonder where he fitted in to their future plans. 

I hope that this is a good new start for the only Frenchman to win the Lance Todd trophy and someone who can slot the clutch drop goal when needed. 

1 minute ago, snapski said:

So the wakey fans are begged not to ask for any money back from tickets as the club would fold. Then sign Gigot. 

Who begged?

Wakey fans very happy, both with leaving ST money where it is and with the signings we have made.

15 minutes ago, snapski said:

So the wakey fans are begged not to ask for any money back from tickets as the club would fold. Then sign Gigot. 

Begged?  Like most clubs we were asked about season tickets and like most fans we said we’d prefer to support the club by not asking for a refund.  It’s great we are  strengthening the team.

Up the Trin  

55 minutes ago, snapski said:

Aw diddums.

Yeah.  An email asking to reply with option for refund or not.  Some fans taking refunds some not.  

Once the club has my cash (from my season ticket, cardboard cut-outs, adopt a player or my recent overspending on merchandise) it can do what the hell it wants with it.  That's how it works.

What was it Wildcat said to another Troll the other day?  "Cry me a River"

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 23/07/2020 at 21:21, RigbyLuger said:

Wonder where this leaves Hampshire? Given the choice, I'd play Gigot. 

I'd pick Hampshire over Gigot.... At leadt guaranteed to always put a shift in. 

I like Gigot but always have the impression if someone has upset him in the week then his mindset changes in the weekend's game.... maybe pull out of the hard tackles all game or do something reckless a stupid low percentage offload or an early kick.... Basing this on nothing more than watching his 'mercurial' performances and the various press bits

On 23/07/2020 at 17:43, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Should Wakefield be allowed to be signing all these new players after forcing such a large pay cut on their current squad?

Go on then list the cuts of all the clubs seeing as you seem to know Wakefield have imposed large pay cuts, what does that look like compared to the rest or are you still on your Wakey bashing conquest.

31 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Go on then list the cuts of all the clubs seeing as you seem to know Wakefield have imposed large pay cuts, what does that look like compared to the rest or are you still on your Wakey bashing conquest.

He's a troll bud. I shouldn't bother trying to reason with him. 

On 25/07/2020 at 00:02, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'd pick Hampshire over Gigot.... At leadt guaranteed to always put a shift in. 

I like Gigot but always have the impression if someone has upset him in the week then his mindset changes in the weekend's game.... maybe pull out of the hard tackles all game or do something reckless a stupid low percentage offload or an early kick.... Basing this on nothing more than watching his 'mercurial' performances and the various press bits

theyve also got walker there, who they signed from london, so, potentially 3 first choice fullbacks, though gigot does cover most of the backs so there's utility value there.

Gigot summed up catalans for me, great a lot of time but petulant and moody, and as you say, doesn't take a lot to distract him and get him in a funk which takes him off his game.

1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

theyve also got walker there, who they signed from london, so, potentially 3 first choice fullbacks, though gigot does cover most of the backs so there's utility value there.

Gigot summed up catalans for me, great a lot of time but petulant and moody, and as you say, doesn't take a lot to distract him and get him in a funk which takes him off his game.

And Jowitt, so 4 really 

13 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Hoprfully Alex will get some games in SL... Lots of potential 

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Hoprfully Alex will get some games in SL... Lots of potential 

Really lost his way last year - in an attacking sense. From being very decisive with the ball in his hands he developed a habit of checking his running, heading down blind alleys, limiting the space of teammates and sending poor passes. His defending continued to be good (excellent under the high ball and a good enough tackler) but his attacking game was very poor by the end of the season. A confidence issue, no doubt, so hopefully he comes back from it.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

6 hours ago, nadera78 said:

Really lost his way last year - in an attacking sense. From being very decisive with the ball in his hands he developed a habit of checking his running, heading down blind alleys, limiting the space of teammates and sending poor passes. His defending continued to be good (excellent under the high ball and a good enough tackler) but his attacking game was very poor by the end of the season. A confidence issue, no doubt, so hopefully he comes back from it.

Its a size issue for me. He is tall and needs to add weight. A full back like Trabjevic in the NRL should be his role model, tall but powerful enough to run at the line. If you are skinny then that affects your mindset when hitting 17 stone opposition players 

20 hours ago, nadera78 said:

This is spot on as a wakey fan. His defence and his catching is top draw but he most certainly does check his run and struggles to find that pass that exposes the defences out wide. With the centres and wingers we have he needs to find that fluidity fast. This will determine if he remains a standard superleague full back or a great full back.

Personally, Jowitt was looking very good before COVID hit and put in some really good performances. 

Chester will have a headache choosing between them.

Happy with the Gigot signing. 

Archived