19 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Just one more thing ,if you don`t mind ,  No `fs` in lieutenant , how did that F ever get in there?

And as far as me thinking that TFLW was some potboiler about Bonie`s Mistress.....I am not sure If I`m not offended.

No definitive proof of where the F in Lieutenant came from. Some suggestion it was there to annoy the French, which is as good a reason as any.

As part of my continuing mission to edify the colonies, did you know that the reason why most of the world drive on the wrong side of the road is because "Bonie" was left-handed. I don`t fully understand it, but something to do with needing his good arm free while on his horse.( nearly said "while mounted", but don`t want to invite ribaldry given your above reference).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

No definitive proof of where the F in Lieutenant came from. Some suggestion it was there to annoy the French, which is as good a reason as any.

As part of my continuing mission to edify the colonies, did you know that the reason why most of the world drive on the wrong side of the road is because "Bonie" was left-handed. I don`t fully understand it, but something to do with needing his good arm free while on his horse.( nearly said "while mounted", but don`t want to invite ribaldry given your above reference).

Bit like British troops imitating French troops with ` toot-a-loo`   re   `tout l`heure` I think I`ve got that right. Starting to sound like those Brits are really annoying.

At least he only had his hand in his shirt not like my teenage son who sits next to me on the couch during the football with his bloody hand down his pants.

41 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Bit like British troops imitating French troops with ` toot-a-loo`   re   `tout l`heure` I think I`ve got that right. Starting to sound like those Brits are really annoying.

At least he only had his hand in his shirt not like my teenage son who sits next to me on the couch during the football with his bloody hand down his pants.

Notice this was edited. If by your teenage son, don`t think he`s quite hidden the evidence.

12 hours ago, The Rocket said:

the reason why most of the world drive on the wrong side of the road is because "Bonie" was left-handed. I don`t fully understand it, but something to do with needing his good arm free while on his horse

Of the pictures that I have seen of him  it is mostly his right hand that he keeps in his jacket, people often have these odd habits with their hands. 

So being on the right hand side of the road mayhap that would allow him to wave the traffic through with his free left hand. Problem though, then with what hand is he holding the reins?

Archived