Championship/L1 restart numbers

48 minutes ago, Griff said:

They can't wait forever.

Though the fewer the clubs in the comp, the easier the fixture list will be to compile.

Computers not necessary.  Bag of a fag packet will be grand.

And a grand will be the prize 😂

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Griff said:

Who's left in ?

I've lost track.

Nobody, since not a single club has yet entered. Closest to doing so is Batley who've said they'd like to enter but it depends on a number of factors, not least the small question of whether they will have enough players available.

7 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Exactly so what is the point.Can see S.L. clubs being in trouble next season because i do not think we will get unlimited crowds in stadiums until next July.At 20%/30% capacity Championship clubs will be operating on normal crowd levels with the exeption of Leigh and Bradford (playing at Dewsbury).

Leigh's average gate is lower than 30% of their ground capacity.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

32 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Nobody, since not a single club has yet entered. Closest to doing so is Batley who've said they'd like to enter but it depends on a number of factors, not least the small question of whether they will have enough players available.

So, if everyone else cries off, how about a one-off kickabout between Fev and Batley with each club pocketing 125k?

Seriously, less clubs = bigger share of the pot I assume. 

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Who's left in ?

I've lost track.

I suspect that a couple of clubs are keeping their powder dry for the moment. The more that drop out then the greater the chance of a prize, increasing the attraction of entering.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Seems the Bulls are up for it.
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18613280.bulls-coach-kear-disappointed-championship-stopped/

This report suggests the competition will go ahead if there are eight teams minimum (2 groups of 4), and along with the Bulls there are Batley and Barrow

Perhaps only clubs beginning with a B are interested 😀

9 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/18613280.bulls-coach-kear-disappointed-championship-stopped/

This report suggests the competition will go ahead if there are eight teams minimum (2 groups of 4), and along with the Bulls there are Batley and Barrow

I've posted elsewhere that Kear's comments about the league being scrapped in that article are are rather odd considering the club's CEO stated a few weeks ago that they couldn't afford to play behind closed doors. 

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I've posted elsewhere that Kear's comments in that article are are at odds with the club's CEO's statement a few weeks ago that they couldn't afford to play behind closed doors. 

Everybody is gutted we've not played RL , but the financials don't stack up , again the difference between somebody used to being payed to play/coach , and somebody involved with finding the money to pay them 

21 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

You'd imagine if the bulls were going to play so would Dewsbury given the management situation?

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

You'd imagine if the bulls were going to play so would Dewsbury given the management situation?

Given the rise in Covid in Bradford and Kirklees they won't be playing anything soon 

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Everybody is gutted we've not played RL , but the financials don't stack up , again the difference between somebody used to being payed to play/coach , and somebody involved with finding the money to pay them 

Yes, as BSJ said(again elsewhere), monkey and organ grinder, but I was more commenting on him half pointing the finger at clubs not wanting to play when his own was one of them.... 

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I suspect that a couple of clubs are keeping their powder dry for the moment. The more that drop out then the greater the chance of a prize, increasing the attraction of entering.

There will come a time when the RFL will cancel it through lack of numbers, they should then split the prize money and give each team an equal share.

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Leigh's average gate is lower than 30% of their ground capacity.

Good  now't against Leigh former mining area and Hilton park had a row of terraced houses behind the sticks just like us at Fev.Must admit when they were too good for the rest of the Championship i didn't like their spoiling and niggling tactics.However they played some of the best Championship R.L. i have seen.

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I’m sure the max prize has already been announced as £70k, that’s what clubs are basing it on who’ve already decided. I’d have to remember where I read that though

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

I am a little surprised that Matthew Shaw's piece, being dated as recently as three days ago, reckons that Toulouse were undecided.  Bernard Sarrazain's statement on the club website, which I think pre-dates that, sounds pretty emphatic to me, especially when he says to make up for the shortfall of no TO to watch, try following the reserve team in Elite 1 from November.

Archived