Facemasks/coverings

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

What's happened to the attach picture option? 🤔 

Each upgrade to the forum's software brings new "fun". Drag & drop pics in here, or just post the link and it'll auto-show if it's direct to a picture.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

Can I use this?

SHOEI XR-1100 - Αναζήτηση Google | Motorcycle helmets, Bike helmet ...

Mine is pretty much the same, similar colour scheme as well. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

31 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Are you a DD ? , Or a HH ? 😂

You have completely lost me with that one...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

It was as near as I could get to Ducati Red :kolobok_biggrin:

Snap. 😉

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Got a phone call from the BMW Motorrad dealer in Grimsby, reminding me that I needed to wear a mask when collecting a spare part for my bike today.

On arrival, one way system in operation, signs saying no entry if no mask. Car and bike sales and service staff were behind screens. Had to keep 2 metres back from them too. Corridors clearly marked out. Card payments above £45  , cashier in gloves, cleaned card and machine before and after rooking me for huge amount of money.

I wandered into St Helens after work today mainly out of curiosity to see whether people were wearing face coverings because yesterday when I did the same thing only me and one bloke were!  Everyone wore one inside the shops I visited.  Some people kept them on outside (not me; they are too hot to keep on for longer than absolutely necessary!).  I was impressed.  I was bemused in Boots though: all the customers were wearing face coverings while not a single member of staff was, other than the opticians (who were in full PPE).  I'm less inclined to go near staff now as they aren't protecting me.  In Boots, being a chemist and all, I really thought the staff would be wearing face coverings.

I have a selection of masks.  I have 100 disposables and a variety of reusables including a Saints mask and some rather snazzy Burberry ones (as well as cheap as chips ones which fall off when I speak).  

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

How very showie.  

I think you'll find it's Shoei. 😉

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

47 minutes ago, Griff said:

£20 ?

Jaysus !

I know... but they're comfy and I never get in the way of the wife and her clothes shopping. The "cost" of that would be far higher than £20 in my mental wellbeing.

10 hours ago, Shadow said:

Can I use this?

SHOEI XR-1100 - Αναζήτηση Google | Motorcycle helmets, Bike helmet ...

Interesting question, Shadow!

Technically, I would have thought that, yes, you could.  However, I was intrigued to note that banks are one of the categories of places in which you must now wear a mask.  If you wore your Shoei special, I wonder if you would be mistaken for a bank robber!

By the way, does 'Shoei' mean this is a Garry Schofield special?  Just wondered!

We all seemed well behaved in Downton earlier today, by the way; just one couple of twentysomethings in the co-op without masks.  However, nobody asked me to don mine at the Downton Brewery off-licence when I popped in to pick up my four pints of real ale, which I am currently enjoying.

There is a consequence of the new mask-wearing requirement which is difficult for folk like me.  I normally wear spectacles and behind-the-ear hearing aids.  Try adding in a face mask and something has to give, in my case the hearing aids.

unrelated PS to John Drake/ckn/whoever - could the website be set so that it spell-checks for British English, not American, as this is a British based website?  I ask because I have been told that 'off-licence' should be 'off-license' which I think is wrong and, at this point on a Friday night, makes me grumpy.  As always with my posts, I humbly stand to be corrected, but I think this is an issue for the forum website, not my computer.

17 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I normally wear spectacles and behind-the-ear hearing aids. 

Some masks do a behind the neck and overhead band like this -

https://www.buff.com/gb/filter-mask-buff-ape-x-black.html

Not the cheapest.

Alternative is just use a normal buff or a bandana?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 hours ago, Mister Ting said:

I got this from a colleague:

MrTing.jpg

Very nice.

Which raises another question alluded to with the bike helmet. 

If you go to a bank wearing a face covering as above, would you be allowed in? similarly with a bike helmet?

Will they bring in a rule about showing your eyes/ears?

I actually got challenged by the security bloke at the ATM the other day for wearing my helmet, and when I challenged him, saying everyone is wearing a face mask, he didn't really know what to say.

Is this the end of being refused service at the petrol station whilst wearing a bike helmet? (I've already challenged them on the difference between this and a cultural/religious face covering).

Archived