Facemasks/coverings

6 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Very nice.

Which raises another question alluded to with the bike helmet. 

If you go to a bank wearing a face covering as above, would you be allowed in? similarly with a bike helmet?

Will they bring in a rule about showing your eyes/ears?

I actually got challenged by the security bloke at the ATM the other day for wearing my helmet, and when I challenged him, saying everyone is wearing a face mask, he didn't really know what to say.

Is this the end of being refused service at the petrol station whilst wearing a bike helmet? (I've already challenged them on the difference between this and a cultural/religious face covering).

I have now done entire shops in Waitrose/Lidl & Morrisons wearing a shut lid and gloves, apart form a fogging issue in Morrisons (longer shop) I have had no issues and not been commented to or looked at in a strange way.

In Waitrose I  could scan the products using my phone and then just added them into my Givi top box which was sat in the trolley then use a self service till so I have no contact with a human whatsoever

17 hours ago, Saintslass said:

I wandered into St Helens after work today mainly out of curiosity to see whether people were wearing face coverings because yesterday when I did the same thing only me and one bloke were!  Everyone wore one inside the shops I visited.  Some people kept them on outside (not me; they are too hot to keep on for longer than absolutely necessary!).  I was impressed.  I was bemused in Boots though: all the customers were wearing face coverings while not a single member of staff was, other than the opticians (who were in full PPE).  I'm less inclined to go near staff now as they aren't protecting me.  In Boots, being a chemist and all, I really thought the staff would be wearing face coverings.

I have a selection of masks.  I have 100 disposables and a variety of reusables including a Saints mask and some rather snazzy Burberry ones (as well as cheap as chips ones which fall off when I speak).  

science man Vallance said it was expected that people could not wear masks all day... for the reason you find and hence they touch them a lot which defeats the gains wearing a masks gives... hence shop shop not wearing... 

Anyway "T" missus and I have a selection of masks to wear, home made and brought ones plus pack of disposable.

Problem is I pick one up, leave it in "T" pocket and as a consequence I have a selection of "T" ones in me pocket whenever I put my hand in "T" coat pocket.

One issue I have is the neighbor brought some black ones.. and then when showing them to the missus she said they looked like her G strings.

Now whenever I see someone with those similar black masks I can't get that comment and hence image out me mind

18 hours ago, ckn said:

I know... but they're comfy and I never get in the way of the wife and her clothes shopping. The "cost" of that would be far higher than £20 in my mental wellbeing.

Business must be good in CKNland.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

I took a disposable mask to town on Saturday and the elastic came away from the mask. Without a mask, you can't go into a shop to buy a pack.

The lady in the sewing shop in Wibsey is making washable ones for £3.50. Camouflage ones for me and my grandson; black and polka dot ones for my daughter and granddaughters. Two per person, that should do it.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I’m on the lookout for some reusable masks but with 5 million Victorians only getting a few days notice that they are now mandatory to wear when outside, they are now very difficult to find.

52 minutes ago, Copa said:

I’m on the lookout for some reusable masks but with 5 million Victorians only getting a few days notice that they are now mandatory to wear when outside, they are now very difficult to find.

Does it have to be a mask? You can snood or scarf it here as long as your face is covered properly.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived