October Comp

Batley Bob

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to be better than nowt. Just be a bit weird if players have signed for other teams and how motivated they'll be. I can't see the clubs being able to charge full admission either, but we'll see. No doubt we'll be playing Dewsbury twice!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

If they can organise it so that crowds can attend safely, then I think we should go for it. It will bring some much needed finance into the club, and the bottom line is that we are a rugby club, and our reason for existing is to play rugby. I don't think the player thing should be an issue as it happens every season anyway. 

My only concern is that October/November are the two months mentioned for a second wave so whether it actually goes ahead or not who knows.

Is there an alternative to twitter vote? That's for me and others that dont "twitter". 

Sorry its Colinb logged in as BISSA. 

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Got to be better than nowt. Just be a bit weird if players have signed for other teams and how motivated they'll be. I can't see the clubs being able to charge full admission either, but we'll see. No doubt we'll be playing Dewsbury twice!

Players are contracted until the end of November so, as DD says, it shouldn't be an issue.

Are you anticipating many of your players moving on? Unlike in "normal" seasons there has been very little speculation about movement of players within the Championship.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, distantdog said:

If they can organise it so that crowds can attend safely, then I think we should go for it. It will bring some much needed finance into the club, and the bottom line is that we are a rugby club, and our reason for existing is to play rugby. I don't think the player thing should be an issue as it happens every season anyway. 

My only concern is that October/November are the two months mentioned for a second wave so whether it actually goes ahead or not who knows.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-competition-safe-return-of-spectators

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

on the main forum  Sheffield, Halifax, Rochdale, Toulouse  and kieghley have  said no and so far only batley have said yes  personally I applaud those who   have said  no and hope FEV will tell the RFL to stick it where the sun don't shine as well 

Hope you win the final🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think to say we have confirmed we will enter is a bit premature. We have approached it positively but do not think we have actually confirmed entry or otherwise yet.

4 hours ago, POR said:

on the main forum  Sheffield, Halifax, Rochdale, Toulouse  and kieghley have  said no and so far only batley have said yes  personally I applaud those who   have said  no and hope FEV will tell the RFL to stick it where the sun don't shine as well 

2 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I think to say we have confirmed we will enter is a bit premature. We have approached it positively but do not think we have actually confirmed entry or otherwise yet.

I know just making the point  I hope FEV say no

1 minute ago, POR said:

I know just making the point  I hope FEV say no

Why? And do you think they will? If they enter, surely they would be one of the favourites. Would it give them a chance to recoup some of the money that MC has laid out or would it be financally detrimental to the club?

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

Why? And do you think they will? If they enter, surely they would be one of the favourites. Would it give them a chance to recoup some of the money that MC has laid out or would it be financally detrimental to the club?

why because the RFL is a shambles and would not like to give them the pleasure of saying look what we gave to you 

money irrelevant think it will cost more to enter than what you get out

and want FEV to concentrate on pre season training to get the best out of  next season

1 minute ago, POR said:

why because the RFL is a shambles and would not like to give them the pleasure of saying look what we gave to you 

and want FEV to concentrate on pre season training to get the best out of  next season

Thanks for that, much appreciated. What are you giving to the RFL?

6 hours ago, POR said:

Not bitter then, not bitter at all?

1 hour ago, POR said:

And yet every club that has withdrawn has praised the efforts and decision-making of the RFL. You, of course, know better.

Archived