October Comp

Batley Bob

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, phildog said:

Just how long would folk like lockdown to go on? Will Christmas 2021 be long enough for the massive snow melt that's needed? We're all happy to see a 12 team Super League becoming the extent of the game are we? That's what's happening if community clubs (I Hate that label, makes it appear that we're the unwanted hangers-on......[just leave that open for debate!]) don't grasp the nettle and fight for their futures. BTW I doubt this competition is going to happen, happy future!!

I agree that we are all frustrated PD but these decisions are out of our hands, the hands of the clubs and even the RFL. None of us has any significant influence.

Unless you are Russian that is!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

45 minutes ago, phildog said:

Just how long would folk like lockdown to go on? Will Christmas 2021 be long enough for the massive snow melt that's needed? We're all happy to see a 12 team Super League becoming the extent of the game are we? That's what's happening if community clubs (I Hate that label, makes it appear that we're the unwanted hangers-on......[just leave that open for debate!]) don't grasp the nettle and fight for their futures. BTW I doubt this competition is going to happen, happy future!!

Hasn't lockdown already finished?

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Like SL, you mean?

BSJ,

SL would lose more money by not continuing the 2020 season since Sky would be within their rights not to pay since the product they have paid for would not have been delivered.

As Phil says either lose money or lose loads of money. The same is true for the championship clubs lose money by not competing in the autumn competition or lose more by actually taking part. Rock and hard place as it is with SL having to play behind closed doors. 

PS when are you going to answer my question to you on the Fev forum?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Separate households will not be allowed to meet indoors in Greater Manchester, East Lancashire and parts of West Yorkshire from midnight, the government has announced.

He also confirmed restrictions in Leicester will remain in place.

The areas that will have tighter restrictions are Greater Manchester, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362

So does flockton,but its still in Kirklees.its far from over just now,some crazy folks out there at the moment,we were off a few days in camper last week and one pub we called in on east coast was packed to rafters with folks dancing about leashed out there heads,found a table at far end a beer garden and had food brought out rather than go inside,one guy stood outside peeing in bin without a care in the world,police were nearby and a woman pointed the gentleman out and they said "what do you want us to do" no distancing at all in whitby,scarborough,robin hoods bay, and sainsburys this morning in wakey,folks with no masks inc staff,going to be a long ride yet,shetlands next week.

20 hours ago, The Grinder said:

BSJ,

SL would lose more money by not continuing the 2020 season since Sky would be within their rights not to pay since the product they have paid for would not have been delivered.

As Phil says either lose money or lose loads of money. The same is true for the championship clubs lose money by not competing in the autumn competition or lose more by actually taking part. Rock and hard place as it is with SL having to play behind closed doors. 

PS when are you going to answer my question to you on the Fev forum?

Well thank you for explaining things so carefully - who knew that it was so complicated.

Now what do you reckon, is the Pope catholic, or what?

On 31/07/2020 at 18:08, Blind side johnny said:

Well thank you for explaining things so carefully - who knew that it was so complicated.

Now what do you reckon, is the Pope catholic, or what?

Which pope?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

13 hours ago, phildog said:

Bulls have confirmed they wish to take part and want Batley and Dewsbury to join them.

Four clubs are probable participants, no more. I don't expect the competition to go ahead.

Maybe we will be OK for Boxing Day?

On 06/08/2020 at 11:22, Blind side johnny said:

Four clubs are probable participants, no more. I don't expect the competition to go ahead.

Maybe we will be OK for Boxing Day?

grandson seen on twitter 

Dewsbury Rams have confirmed that they are the sixth club that has submitted an entry for the RFL’s Autumn Cup

AND

RFL confident the Autumn tournament  will now take  place with the fixtures and structure of the tournament to be decided next week

11 minutes ago, POR said:

grandson seen on twitter 

Dewsbury Rams have confirmed that they are the sixth club that has submitted an entry for the RFL’s Autumn Cup

AND

RFL confident the Autumn tournament  will now take  place with the fixtures and structure of the tournament to be decided next week

This is the tweet. All I'd say is note who's posted it .....

4 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

That’s why I didn’t post it this morning , as I couldn’t rely on the source 😂😂😂

I can see where your coming from but law of averages says he got to get one thing  right some of the time    🤣

So is it a bulls and rams makeup or bulls to get a game off of broughy with a smattering of rams on the bench?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I am sure it will. With an increasing number of infections, it's bound to affect SL & championship players and if one tests positive it will impact the other players he's been training with!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

As much as I can't wait to get back to the Mount, I honestly think it would be wise to draw a line under this year, call it a day and focus on next season.

That may well be the outcome unfortunately. An added problem, of course, is the expectation in some quarters that it will simply "go away" before next year.

39 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

That may well be the outcome unfortunately. An added problem, of course, is the expectation in some quarters that it will simply "go away" before next year.

Yes, but President Trump had RL at heart when he said that! Personally, I have my doubts whether there will be any rugby before 2021 at our level.

Imagine if either one of our clubs finds itself in a 'Hull FC' situation. What then?

It is also an indicator that testing regularly, whether for free or not is the panacea we are all expecting it to be.

Archived