Sign in to follow this  
Batley Bob

October Comp

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, phildog said:

Just how long would folk like lockdown to go on? Will Christmas 2021 be long enough for the massive snow melt that's needed? We're all happy to see a 12 team Super League becoming the extent of the game are we? That's what's happening if community clubs (I Hate that label, makes it appear that we're the unwanted hangers-on......[just leave that open for debate!]) don't grasp the nettle and fight for their futures. BTW I doubt this competition is going to happen, happy future!!

I agree that we are all frustrated PD but these decisions are out of our hands, the hands of the clubs and even the RFL. None of us has any significant influence.

Unless you are Russian that is!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Like SL, you mean?

Their choice is lose money or lose a shed load of money. They can probably survive the former but most wouldn't the latter.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

45 minutes ago, phildog said:

Just how long would folk like lockdown to go on? Will Christmas 2021 be long enough for the massive snow melt that's needed? We're all happy to see a 12 team Super League becoming the extent of the game are we? That's what's happening if community clubs (I Hate that label, makes it appear that we're the unwanted hangers-on......[just leave that open for debate!]) don't grasp the nettle and fight for their futures. BTW I doubt this competition is going to happen, happy future!!

Hasn't lockdown already finished?

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Like SL, you mean?

BSJ,

SL would lose more money by not continuing the 2020 season since Sky would be within their rights not to pay since the product they have paid for would not have been delivered.

As Phil says either lose money or lose loads of money. The same is true for the championship clubs lose money by not competing in the autumn competition or lose more by actually taking part. Rock and hard place as it is with SL having to play behind closed doors. 

PS when are you going to answer my question to you on the Fev forum?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Separate households will not be allowed to meet indoors in Greater Manchester, East Lancashire and parts of West Yorkshire from midnight, the government has announced.

He also confirmed restrictions in Leicester will remain in place.

The areas that will have tighter restrictions are Greater Manchester, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362

So does flockton,but its still in Kirklees.its far from over just now,some crazy folks out there at the moment,we were off a few days in camper last week and one pub we called in on east coast was packed to rafters with folks dancing about leashed out there heads,found a table at far end a beer garden and had food brought out rather than go inside,one guy stood outside peeing in bin without a care in the world,police were nearby and a woman pointed the gentleman out and they said "what do you want us to do" no distancing at all in whitby,scarborough,robin hoods bay, and sainsburys this morning in wakey,folks with no masks inc staff,going to be a long ride yet,shetlands next week.

20 hours ago, The Grinder said:

BSJ,

SL would lose more money by not continuing the 2020 season since Sky would be within their rights not to pay since the product they have paid for would not have been delivered.

As Phil says either lose money or lose loads of money. The same is true for the championship clubs lose money by not competing in the autumn competition or lose more by actually taking part. Rock and hard place as it is with SL having to play behind closed doors. 

PS when are you going to answer my question to you on the Fev forum?

Well thank you for explaining things so carefully - who knew that it was so complicated.

Now what do you reckon, is the Pope catholic, or what?

On 31/07/2020 at 18:08, Blind side johnny said:

Well thank you for explaining things so carefully - who knew that it was so complicated.

Now what do you reckon, is the Pope catholic, or what?

Which pope?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Bulls have confirmed they wish to take part and want Batley and Dewsbury to join them.

13 hours ago, phildog said:

Bulls have confirmed they wish to take part and want Batley and Dewsbury to join them.

Four clubs are probable participants, no more. I don't expect the competition to go ahead.

Maybe we will be OK for Boxing Day?