Stadium Capacities Post Covid

22 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

It looks like season ticket holders will take up the majority of seats or terracing spots, so away fans could end up losing out. We must get permission from Sky for live video streaming to cater for away fans and also deter them from travelling. If it was done on a pay-per-view basis via the clubs' own TV channels it would provide extra revenue, and if sky were that pedantic they could charge a percentage.

Face coverings negated everything 

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The wearing of face coverings is to negate social distancing , if everybody is ' covered ' then social distancing doesn't need to be ' policed ' , which means essentially you can open a whole stadium at capacity , or as much as you want to steward but still at that capacity 

Agreed, but evidently the plans are to open at an enforced reduced capacity however, akin to how restaurants and pubs have opened.

Even with the increased rules now with masks in shops for example, they are not compulsory in outside spaces, which most stadium situations are. Toilets could be a nightmare!

12 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Agreed, but evidently the plans are to open at an enforced reduced capacity however, akin to how restaurants and pubs have opened.

Even with the increased rules now with masks in shops for example, they are not compulsory in outside spaces, which most stadium situations are. Toilets could be a nightmare!

Which again , the simple answer is to treat it like shopping , it's a lot easier to police wholesale wearing of face covering than any form of social distancing at a sports stadium 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Which again , the simple answer is to treat it like shopping , it's a lot easier to police wholesale wearing of face covering than any form of social distancing at a sports stadium 

I still think there's no chance of operating at capacity whilst the selling of food and drink negates the mask wearing.

Shops are different because its mass turnover of people hourly nevermind daily. Crowds in stadiums are essentially static for the vast majority of the time they're there.

58 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Shops are different because its mass turnover of people hourly nevermind daily. Crowds in stadiums are essentially static for the vast majority of the time they're there.

A bit like ASDA in Leigh then 😀

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The wearing of face coverings is to negate social distancing , if everybody is ' covered ' then social distancing doesn't need to be ' policed ' , which means essentially you can open a whole stadium at capacity , or as much as you want to steward but still at that capacity 

thats ok if the government give go ahead. i'm all for that. there must be no exceptions to face coverings. if for any reason someone cant wear a mask/covering, unfortunately no admission. could mean no food/drink sales either, difficult to eat/drink with a mask on!

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

Mass gatherings is the issue not masks. Masks are only required to be worn indoors.

ATM 

Masks are being used where social distancing is impossible , in 2 months time that will apply to sporting events outside 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

ATM 

Masks are being used where social distancing is impossible , in 2 months time that will apply to sporting events outside 

Big assumption.

Don't bank on it.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Surely post covid stadium capacities would be back to normal.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Surely post covid stadium capacities would be back to normal.

Define "post Covid".

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 25/07/2020 at 09:01, Eddie said:

If going to the match is anything like going to the pub it won’t be a great experience. 

Went out for a few beers yesterday, first time in months, 8 of us. Most places wouldn’t let us in as they were letting in groups of 4 max and where we could go we had to leave names and addresses, get temperature checked, 15 minute lecture about social distancing before getting through the door, not allowed to move chairs (even in almost empty pubs) - it was dismal. 

Slightly off topic, but I thought it was max groups of 6 in England? 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

They we’re saying 4 I think, though actually it may have been 6 but as there were 8 of us we weren’t allowed in. Such a shame, the people in the pubs were gutted to be turning a big group of customers away.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

They we’re saying 4 I think, though actually it may have been 6 but as there were 8 of us we weren’t allowed in. Such a shame, the people in the pubs were gutted to be turning a big group of customers away.

I mean only 6 meeting overall in any environment, not what the pubs allow. 

I was down visiting my sisters family last week and the three of us technically shouldn't have gone and sat in their garden as they are a family of four. 

The six is out of line with the rest of the UK and seems low. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Ngl Dave in reality its all guidelines, as long as restaurants/pubs aren't over their reduced covid capacity then its a bit of common sense approach really. Officially it should be only two households too but its all a bit vague and essentially relies on people being sensible.

21 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Ngl Dave in reality its all guidelines, as long as restaurants/pubs aren't over their reduced covid capacity then its a bit of common sense approach really. Officially it should be only two households too but its all a bit vague and essentially relies on people being sensible.

yep, then we all do the same we heighten the risk of whatever number of wave that hits us...

Key is the principle... which leads to the guidance... we all know the principle... a group of 8 from numerous number of households would be clearly breaking principle as well as the guidance... adding to the risk of infection spread.

I have no idea of number of households in the group of 8... it may be only two... but the contributor knows and up to him and his group if he wants to follow the principle as well as the guidance.

Good to see the Pub didn't let them in.

2 hours ago, redjonn said:

yep, then we all do the same we heighten the risk of whatever number of wave that hits us...

Key is the principle... which leads to the guidance... we all know the principle... a group of 8 from numerous number of households would be clearly breaking principle as well as the guidance... adding to the risk of infection spread.

I have no idea of number of households in the group of 8... it may be only two... but the contributor knows and up to him and his group if he wants to follow the principle as well as the guidance.

Good to see the Pub didn't let them in.

Yes, I'm not going to be too critical, because the poster is not on their own in doing this, but complaining about the experience of the pub when you are breaching the guidelines in quite a major way (unless sitting outside, then the breach is less severe) is a slightly strange one. 

Archived