Map of every rugby league club in the UK

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, if they did a map siting former RL clubs then almost all of the country would be hidden by the pins. 

So many start ups.

So few survivors.

Don't mean to be negative as this is good work by the guys at LRL. It needs to be on the RFL's website, but again, if this was uploaded to the official site would the governing body regularly update it?

17 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Isn’t it. At a push you could almost call West London ‘‘heartland’ these days.

In a 6 counties tournament (Yorks/Lancs/Cumbria/Cheshire/North East/London) I'd put London in at number 3 quite confidently, at worst tied with Cumbria.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Why not? I’d be happy to email LRL to get them included if you give me the details.

it's all good mate, i've just seen the post with the email addy and done so myself. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

Sadly, if they did a map siting former RL clubs then almost all of the country would be hidden by the pins. 

So many start ups.

So few survivors.

Don't mean to be negative as this is good work by the guys at LRL. It needs to be on the RFL's website, but again, if this was uploaded to the official site would the governing body regularly update it?

Yes, absolutely should be on RFL website along with up to date email addy for each club secretary, and as you say, an effort made to update on a regular schedule. 

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Did you know the RFL published one of these maps in their Annual Report a couple of years ago?  Might be the same one.

Archived