I think it was Tirana who were going to play in the Greek comp, coming out of lockdown. Don`t know if that went ahead.

Bit of constructive criticism. One of the blokes said that games were won by those with "ardent hearts". This is uncomfortably close to the  platitude "we wanted it more than them", which is often the best analysis English players can offer to account for a win.

In a Balkan context, when the Serbian national team conceded big scores in their most recent internationals, it wasn`t through lack of effort. They were faced with more intricate attacking play than they were used to, and couldn`t read it, didn`t know where the points of attack were coming from.

Teams in developing nations only go up a level when they understand better that RL is not the simple, physical affair it`s generally painted as.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything you said is true,  those words are my personal opinion (I am the guy you referred) I believe that if you have the right mind set and give everything "physically" you might have a good chance to do well, I also said before that this was the least important factor in a RL match 

Those are a prop words mate ,lol cheers 

Edited by naldo88
  • Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/03/2023 at 23:06, Gomersall said:

That's a great couple of sponsors and nice vision.   Hopefully the game gets traction in Albania and we see them prosper in the coming years. 

• Like 1

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

On 22/04/2023 at 22:06, The Partisan said:

That's a great couple of sponsors and nice vision.   Hopefully the game gets traction in Albania and we see them prosper in the coming years. 

Tirana RC are interesting- they don’t appear to care which code they play. They had a match against a Union side last weekend.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sammo said:

Tirana RC are interesting- they don’t appear to care which code they play. They had a match against a Union side last weekend.

Yes seeing as they only have one team at the moment, they either have to travel or play against a visiting team in order to play matches.  So they are not really in a position to say no to anybody if they want to play games.  As much as I dislike RU, I cannot really blame them.

• 1 month later...