• Egypt
    • Japan
    • Lebanon
    • Morocco
    • Russia
    • Tunisia
    • Uruguay

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/20 at 10:45

Pick as many as you like - top 3 go through.

Probbaly trickier for the irregular wine drinkers to select these.

Tournament programme:

10 countries have been put straight through to the finals (France,Germany,Spain,Italy,S Africa,Australia,NZ,USA,Argentina,Chile) leaving 6 to join them.

2 groups, 1 Europe, 1 ROW with 3 to qualify from each. The finals will be 4 groups of 4, with 2 qualifiers going into the semis, which are 2 groups of four, winners to the final.

Group A -  France, Australia, Argentina, Greece
Group B - Germany, NZ, Portugal, ROW Qualifier 2
Group C - Spain, Chile, England, ROW Qualifier 1
Group D - Italy, USA, S Africa, ROW Qualifier 3

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Any chance of a Cheese World Cup to accompany all of this? 🙂

It's on Twiiter if you're on there - a guy called Joe Bangles CBE is running it. We're in the qualifying stages.

I could run one on here if there's interest.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

I’ve voted for the only two I can say with any certainty that I’ve had wine from and enjoyed.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

We have our qualifiers - Lebanon, Uruguay, Canada

55 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Good idea. 

If there's cheese, we'll need crackers/water biscuits/oatcakes etc.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, kev p said:

in group stages do we vote for any of the 4? or are there "matches"? so voting for each team in a match (eg france v australia).

Just vote for any of the four. Group "of Death" A is underway. Be quick, it finishes tomorrow.

Archived