Sun 2 Aug: SL: St Helens v Catalans Dragons KO 4.15pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/20 at 15:45

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Were these the outstanding fixtures from the weekend when lockdown was announced?

One is Saints WCC catch up and the other a postponed due to a bit of drizzle game I think.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ATLANTISMAN said:

Anyone on here know how many French players in the starting line up today ?

BRING BACK MICK POTTER :)))))

Paul

Catalans' best player today has been French. Maybe there's some food for though there, Monsieur Guasch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Anyone on here know how many French players in the starting line up today ?

Nobody cares.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I can’t wait to see if sky have a virtual cowbell for the next game 

Been wondering the same thing including a virtual "fat boy with the drum".

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

34:6 at FT. Catalans looking like a pile of spare parts, St Helens looking like a Rugby team.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

You can see why Steve McNamara was vocal in his criticism of  the new rules. His style of rugby is dead. Mort.

Or it could be that Catalan players are not good enough... or that Sam Tomkins is suspended.

Okay, see you all on the other match thread.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rule changes - superb

Woolf's tactics - superb

Intensity - superb

All round team performance - superb

Couple of classy tries - superb

Catalans discipline - s... well it begins with s! Can't believe after all these years they still put themselves under so much pressure

Just now, Moove said:

Catalans discipline - s... well it begins with s! Can't believe after all these years they still put themselves under so much pressure

They are a French team, so it begins with m. :kolobok_wink:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not much more to add, a new season of Aussie rejects.

My opinion for what its worth is that the club have gone slowly backwards over the last 10/12 seasons Potter and Robinson had far more respect for the French players.

Wasn't the whole idea of this to put a competitive French international team on the pitch?

9 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Wasn't the whole idea of this to put a competitive French international team on the pitch?

Nothing more to add to that Paul, the big clamour on this site for Toulouse to be fast tracked to SL would be exactly the same as Catalan "buy in".

There are some good French lads but of SL quality they are few and far between the whole of the French game cannot support one team in SL never mind two, 14 years of the Dragons and the whole of the French League to select from has not produced the desired and suggested resurgence of the French National team. 

13 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

My opinion for what its worth is that the club have gone slowly backwards over the last 10/12 seasons Potter and Robinson had far more respect for the French players.

No. That wasn't the whole idea. 

Archived