Sun 2 Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos KO 6.30pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/20 at 18:00

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huddersfield playing a home game against Leeds at Headingley this weekend isn't what I thought I would be seeing at the start of 2020! These are the two sides that lockdown couldn't have come at a worse time for with both making really positive starts. I would fancy Leeds to nick this one. It's quite a big game, both started well and one side will keep up their winning run despite a season suspension.

4 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Huddersfield playing a home game against Leeds at Headingley this weekend isn't what I thought I would be seeing at the start of 2020! These are the two sides that lockdown couldn't have come at a worse time for with both making really positive starts. I would fancy Leeds to nick this one. It's quite a big game, both started well and one side will keep up their winning run despite a season suspension.

In a sense you are right, Chris22, but arguably the lockdown-induced withdrawal of the Wolfpack benefitted the Giants most in the short-term, as I think I am right in saying that they alone of the then top five teams had not played them.  Expunging the Toronto playing record has thus moved Huddersfield up to third.

Leeds were horrendous in the first game of the year but were untouchable since. 

Sezer v Gale will be a major battle.

Looks like Myler will be at Fullback for Leeds too whilst Mellor and Leeming will want to make good impressions against their old club, as will Ashton Golding the other way. 

I'm so excited for the rugby to be back!!!

23 hours ago, davet said:

Looking forward to this one.  Giants have a fully fit squad to choose from i believe.

Will think it be close, but gonna go Giants by 6 - 8pts.

Joe Wardle and Ukuma the only ones not fit for selection.

I'm not sure how it will go really, the no crowd thing, you'd think would suit us as we don't have any and our ground is always empty, but Leeds know the pitch well I'm sure.

It's good to finally get the games back on, but it does feel rather hollow, and watching sport on TV with no fans is just plain weird, like a training session that's been streamed, and I honestly can't remember the last time I watched my team live on TV, that's going to be weird too.

15 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

In a sense you are right, Chris22, but arguably the lockdown-induced withdrawal of the Wolfpack benefitted the Giants most in the short-term, as I think I am right in saying that they alone of the then top five teams had not played them.  Expunging the Toronto playing record has thus moved Huddersfield up to third.

I wish we could expunge the memory of that awful cup game, the last game I attended, the weather was awful, the game was awful,  the Giants were awful, there was an air of comprehension hanging over everyone and I just wanted to go home after 40 minutes!

18 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Leeds were horrendous in the first game of the year but were untouchable since. 

Thanks for the credit you gave to my lot for their performance.

Now you can jolly well sod orf!

And "Huddersfield v Leeds"....at Headingley?!?!

Only in RL.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Thanks for the credit you gave to my lot for their performance.

Now you can jolly well sod orf!

And "Huddersfield v Leeds"....at Headingley?!?!

Only in RL.

Mate I was calling for the coaches head, as was your chairman a month later!

We're in the away dressing rooms so I hear as this is actually the rearranged match for Storm Ciara rather than Coronavirus.

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

"It's a disgrace, Huddersfield have hardly brought any cardboard cuts outs to Headingley."

I never thought about: there needs to be consistency in recording the cardboard cutout section of the analysis.

3 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

I never thought about: there needs to be consistency in recording the cardboard cutout section of the analysis.

Huddersfield fans, you need to get some cardboard, make some of these and send them to the matches.

0f93652c12222d1914754e433c349639.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Try for Senior Junior! Fast start for the Giants.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived