Sun 2 Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos KO 6.30pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/20 at 18:00

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, meast said:

FFS Fartown!

It has been a long hiatus - they are just making sure we get as much Rugby as possible.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That is unbelievable, Leeds #### for 70 minutes and then pull tht out the bag,

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Thats a terrible last 10mins from the Giants. Credit to Leeds for hanging in there and still believing though, despite being second best for 70mins.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

17 minutes ago, Padge said:

He could, he didn't he played to the laws of the game, to the letter.

I understand the laws, I also understand that if he isn’t sure he should use the technology which might have been able to assist. Poor reffing, he looked like he was getting caught up in the emotion of the game. Thought he had a poor game overall but I guess it contributed to an entertaining spectacle. Not much consolation for Huddersfield but there you go.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Wow .... Although I still have no idea what’s wrong with a draw after a great tussle in a league  game 

Completely agree. Draws are fine in non play off games.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Padge said:

That is unbelievable, Leeds #### for 70 minutes and then pull tht out the bag,

Stop exaggerating, it was 65 minutes.😁

The turning point was the try that made it 26-20, we never saw the ball grounded. It was on a player's body and then his arm. It was a shocking decision to give a try without using the video referee. 

2 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

I understand the laws, I also understand that if he isn’t sure he should use the technology which might have been able to assist. Poor reffing, he looked like he was getting caught up in the emotion of the game. Thought he had a poor game overall but I guess it contributed to an entertaining spectacle. Not much consolation for Huddersfield but there you go.

I don't think the cameras would have given you anymore, if he had gone to video ref it would have gone up as a try. If Sky had a whiff of controversy they would have gone for it if they had an angle that could prove it was the wrong decision, that is how they work.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

I don't think the cameras would have given you anymore, if he had gone to video ref it would have gone up as a try. If Sky had a whiff of controversy they would have gone for it if they had an angle that could prove it was the wrong decision, that is how they work.

I agree, I think he’d have sent it up as a try and there wouldn’t have been enough to deny it. Point is Hicks didn’t know that and I think he got carried away, I also think he was held up but anyway it’s in the books and made it entertaining. Huddersfield only have themselves to blame.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

5 minutes ago, Niels said:

The turning point was the try that made it 26-20, we never saw the ball grounded. It was on a player's body and then his arm. It was a shocking decision to give a try without using the video referee. 

You never saw it, but the guy on the pitch closest to the action says he did, didn’t look like a try to me but i only saw the tv replays in which you couldn’t see.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

You never saw it, but the guy on the pitch closest to the action says he did, didn’t look like a try to me but i only saw the tv replays in which you couldn’t see.

I must admit, it looked like it was held up, but there was one angle with the ball obscured, I'm cool working on the assumption that the ref who was right there could see the ball touch the ground at that point. 

19 minutes ago, Niels said:

I agree.  There is no way that looked like a try.

However, what happened to Huddersfield?

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

I agree.  There is no way that was a try.

However, what happened to Huddersfield?

I think if ever a ref should have used the video referee it was then. Even if he was sure in his own mind, it was so close and crucial it needed to be checked. 

I think it was bad decision making. 

I think Huddersfield were not as strong as Leeds physically at the end. They stopped running Leeds around. Also their drop goal attempt was too fancy. 

Archived