Catalan Dragons youngsters - The next generation

Really hopeful about the next crop of youngsters coming through at Catalan, in my view the best yet. 

Le Cam, Joe Chan, LaGuerre and Cozza have been promoted to the first team squad and signed new contracts. We know a bit about Arthur Morgue already who's played a few first team games. I've also been impressed by Salabio, Brochon and a few others. I hope they get plenty of game time before season's end. 

http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/articles-9/206-7904-new-contracts-for-4-young-players/

Unfortunately Sebastian Bled who I really rated has gone to play 5th division RU. He will be a loss. 

I reckon chan will be the frirst to break through, 18 still growing, skillful, quick,hard running  tough defender, with a normal kiwi side where they'll smash you and then tap you on the back to say sorry, plus when it gets tough he does! 

He was playing under 19s at 15 or 16 and stood out. 

You forgot about Cesar Rouge, who’s recently been spending time with Melbourne. He’s training with Catalans but he’s heading to play for Sunshine Coast Falcons in the Queensland Cup in November. Still 17 years old, looked standout in the French youth games 

54 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I reckon chan will be the frirst to break through, 18 still growing, skillful, quick,hard running  tough defender, with a normal kiwi side where they'll smash you and then tap you on the back to say sorry, plus when it gets tough he does! 

He was playing under 19s at 15 or 16 and stood out. 

Are the Chan brothers putting their hands up for France international selection?

Rougé hasn't been forgotten about, the article is the 4 signing 2 year contracts 

César is an excellent player, playing under 19s at 15/16 can play lock too, pity his brother has decided to play at pomas this year after a year out, he's a very good prop too. 

14 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Rougé hasn't been forgotten about, the article is the 4 signing 2 year contracts 

César is an excellent player, playing under 19s at 15/16 can play lock too, pity his brother has decided to play at pomas this year after a year out, he's a very good prop too. 

Wasn't there another lad from Albi, a halfback who was training with Melbourne. What's the situation with him? 

Thats baptiste fabre, excellent stand off and great kicking game, he's still at albi, he did a month in leeds a couple of years ago, 

That's the problem in France he has the talent but if he wants to go any higher he has to go to st esteve and play elite there and hope to get looked at by the dragons, goffin went from villeneuve to the catalans and was last season playing in the under 19s and elite 2 at baho, he went from scoring tries for fun outside pita Godinet in elite 1 at villeneuve to playing under 19s at st esteve. He really seemed to be struggling in Perpignan with confidence and injuries. 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Thats baptiste fabre, excellent stand off and great kicking game, he's still at albi, he did a month in leeds a couple of years ago, 

That's the problem in France he has the talent but if he wants to go any higher he has to go to st esteve and play elite there and hope to get looked at by the dragons, goffin went from villeneuve to the catalans and was last season playing in the under 19s and elite 2 at baho, he went from scoring tries for fun outside pita Godinet in elite 1 at villeneuve to playing under 19s at st esteve. He really seemed to be struggling in Perpignan with confidence and injuries. 

Baptiste should get signed to Toulouse, not far from Albi and only a matter of time before they reach SL 

On 31/07/2020 at 13:19, DoubleD said:

You forgot about Cesar Rouge, who’s recently been spending time with Melbourne. He’s training with Catalans but he’s heading to play for Sunshine Coast Falcons in the Queensland Cup in November. Still 17 years old, looked standout in the French youth games 

Fabre with Rougé next up behind Albert & Mourgue (this pair) in Dragons 21 group for tomorrows game at Leeds. In England Gigot and Fages due to play. Cannot remember a time when France were better placed at half back.

césar-rougé-dragons-catalans.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

59 minutes ago, audois said:

Fabre with Rougé next up behind Albert & Mourgue (this pair) in Dragons 21 group for tomorrows game at Leeds. In England Gigot and Fages due to play. Cannot remember a time when France were better placed at half back.

césar-rougé-dragons-catalans.jpg

Tbh no matter what state French Rugby League is in they always manage to produce at least one decent half back. Patrick Entat, Maxime Greseque are just two that come to mind 

Is the Fabre any relation to Felix, the ex municipal police chief who was one time hooker at XIII Catalan and had at least two sons playing ?One (Arnaud IIRC) had half season at Broncos/Quins under 20s (or that season's age group) but seemed to plateau and was at Pia.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Arthur Mourgue looks like he’s a player with great potential, he showed some Benji Marshall type evasive skills against St Helens. Is he primarily a full back or half back? 

He's a half back 

We did east v west as a French trial à few years ago for the French u19 team, at 6 he was amazing and he was only 16 I think, he moved to 9 and ripped the opposition to pieces, classy player just as with alot of French players on the small/light side but if he can handle the defensive side I think he should stay as he is, they bulked Albert up and he lost his pace and step, Albert has slimmed down again and looks miles better for it. 

Archived