It's...... YORKSHIRE DAY!

Happy #Yorkshire Day! The finest National Day of them all. I shall spend it in these #BroadAcres

#YorkshireDay #YorkshireDay2020 #GodsOwnCounty

With apologies to Lancashites & Southerners.

yorkshire-day-image.jpg

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s nothing to be proud about!

I am proud to come from Yorkshire. Its industrial past and heritage helped nurture me into the person I am. There are some lovely parts to this county. Even greater rovrum has its bits ...

I'm proud yes.... but in a way that I can appreciate Cornwall, caithness, Cumbria Derbyshire and their traditions. Yorkshireman and proud ... but not in a nationalist to the detriment of anywhere else kind of way....

there is a county to the west we don't talk about like... Its best not to go there.

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s nothing to be proud about!

@Gerrumonside ref: You blind fool 😉

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

41 minutes ago, Cas Vegas said:

@Gerrumonside ref: You blind fool 😉

No one was any more proud than myself, stretching back over eighty years, but I am afraid, no longer. That's as much I am saying, or allowed to say considering all the PC content which is flying about.

Well i love the place.Born n bred flags flying today.had some nice braised steak in a nice gravy with dumplings, and even had some prunes to finish off with.they have come on a bit since school dinners for sure/ Be Happy.

3 minutes ago, silverback said:

Well i love the place.Born n bred flags flying today.had some nice braised steak in a nice gravy with dumplings, and even had some prunes to finish off with.they have come on a bit since school dinners for sure/ Be Happy.

Me mam used to say about prunes..... "they'll keep you regular"!!! 😅

22 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Ah yes, the one day of the year that you see the words "happy" and "Yorkshire" in the same sentence. 😉

If tha's smailin', tha's up ta summat!!

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Me mam used to say about prunes..... "they'll keep you regular"!!! 😅

Nobody liked em at our school on our table a 8 so i got the jug full all to myself,these ones have got today are well improved and got to say am getting some more when i go to co-op..

6 minutes ago, Bostik Bailey said:

Happy Yorkshire day, the county thats poisons dogs and wildlife. If this is Gods own county I’m glad I’m an atheist

https://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/2020/08/01/dog-poisoning-confirmed-in-nidderdale-raptor-persecution-hotspot/

Just googled Lancashire animal poisoning. Not a happy tale.

Fortunately Yorkshire gave you Rugby League - and its founding here has been eating away at you bitters ever since.

thats really bad and not just in yorkshire it seems. whats it about?

It’s interesting to note that this particular ‘cocktail’ isn’t restricted to use in Nidderdale; it has also been used on several estates elsewhere in England and Scotland. Wouldn’t it be fascinating to see whether there was a common link between these various estates, you know, something like a shared agent or perhaps a gamekeeper who’s worked on all the estates?

9 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I am proud to come from Yorkshire. Its industrial past and heritage helped nurture me into the person I am. There are some lovely parts to this county. Even greater rovrum has its bits ...

I'm proud yes.... but in a way that I can appreciate Cornwall, caithness, Cumbria Derbyshire and their traditions. Yorkshireman and proud ... but not in a nationalist to the detriment of anywhere else kind of way....

And another so very proud. I love Yorkshire and every thing about it, The countyside and Coast, the people, the archtcture, the food, the accent, our contributions to sport, RL and cricket. Football,.

Cannot believ anyone else would honestly have a contrary view. There are LOTS of other counties I also love very much.

12 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Indeed.

And that's why it's seen as the epitome of rudeness to ask anyone if they're from Yorkshire. 

If they're not from Yorkshire,  you'll just embarras them into having to admit it in public, and if they are, they'll tell you soon enough. 

9 hours ago, M j M said:

Just googled Lancashire animal poisoning. Not a happy tale.

Fortunately Yorkshire gave you Rugby League - and its founding here has been eating away at you bitters ever since.

So two wrongs make a right do they?

18 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

there is a county to the west we don't talk about like... Its best not to go there.

That's because you usually lose 😂

39 minutes ago, Bostik Bailey said:

So two wrongs make a right do they?

If you wish to find a negative in something,  as you appear to be driven, then you will find one. Everywhere will have a dark side if you want to find one.

However, on yorkshire day I was happy to celebrate my heritage and the nice things about the county, just as I'm happy to share other peoples heritage and cultures. Its eid this week. Its been fun sharing that too.

Happy and proud to be a Yorkshireman.... 

Other places are lovely too

18 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Ah. You are referring to The Dark Lands, @Robin Evans. Yes. Best not to go there. Brrrrrr.

tinutul-mordor-thumbthorne-com-crdownload_79075900.jpg

15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

What a glorious day for God to celebrate his own county with. 

Well put, @Tommygilf. I imagine He grinned & said "I did that", when looking down from a cloud. 😉

Archived