It's...... YORKSHIRE DAY!

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I cant bring myself to discuss that place.... it makes me feel bilious and I smell sulphur.....

I've heard that they eat their young, there @Robin Evans. Filthy orcs.

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

Ah yes, the one day of the year that you see the words "happy" and "Yorkshire" in the same sentence. 😉

You're so jealous, @Griff9of13. 😄

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

10 hours ago, Bostik Bailey said:

Happy Yorkshire day, the county thats poisons dogs and wildlife. If this is Gods own county I’m glad I’m an atheist

https://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/2020/08/01/dog-poisoning-confirmed-in-nidderdale-raptor-persecution-hotspot/

Clearly the work of Lancastrians, @Bostik Bailey. I will pray for you.

5 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Indeed.

And that's why it's seen as the epitome of rudeness to ask anyone if they're from Yorkshire. 

If they're not from Yorkshire,  you'll just embarras them into having to admit it in public, and if they are, they'll tell you soon enough. 

As the old saying goes, you can tell a Yorkshireman......but you can’t tell him much...

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

29 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Look, you’ve had your day, back to eating yer cold pasties.

Thread locked

Someone's tired. 😄

3 hours ago, silverback said:

NO,but check your doorstep too just incase its not all rosey.

So that ok. Then just because poisoning and raptor persecution happen elsewhere, we can all forget about it and just celebrate that Yorkshire has given he world the Nidderdale Cocktail.

9 minutes ago, Bostik Bailey said:

So that ok. Then just because poisoning and raptor persecution happen elsewhere, we can all forget about it and just celebrate that Yorkshire has given he world the Nidderdale Cocktail.

Jesus.... bet thaz a reight laugh at Christmas....

Every single county, region, province, state, country or culture will have a dark side. What wrong with celebrating the good stuff?? 

Children suffered grave abuse at the hands of the Catholic Church in Ireland. By your logic St. Pats day is a no no then? Dear me.

1 hour ago, Bostik Bailey said:

Nobody said anythings OK,  first i knew about raptors is from you/

try change the record,or google bad news in st helens for some shocks in your back yard.a lot worse too.

On 01/08/2020 at 13:52, Robin Evans said:

there is a county to the west we don't talk about like... Its best not to go there.

Both figuratively and literally. 😜

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

At Junior School in Cas around 1975 the Teacher told us we were going on a school trip to Malham Cove.  To show us where Malham was he drew an outline of the east coast on the blackboard and then an outline of the west coast.

He then shaded in the middle area and told us this area is called the Pennines.  He then marked where Malham was.

As an afterthought he said ‘If this area is Yorkshire, what is the area to the left of the Pennines called?’.  No one answered.  The Teacher added ‘They are our biggest rivals at cricket’.  My mate whispered to me ‘I know the answer’.  So he put his hand up.  The Teacher said ‘Go on then’.  My mate then shouted out ‘The West Indies’. 😄😄

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Again ? , Already ?🤔

If you live in Yorkshire*, or were born there, every day is Yorkshire Day.

It may be difficult for outsiders to understand, but our level of self-righteous smugness cannot stem from a single calendar date. 😊

*other counties are available 

10 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

If you live in Yorkshire*, or were born there, every day is Yorkshire Day.

It may be difficult for outsiders to understand, but our level of self-righteous smugness cannot stem from a single calendar date. 😊

*other counties are available 

*but nowhere near as good

• 1 month later...

@Tommm

On 07/08/2020 at 08:31, Tommygilf said:

*but nowhere near as good

@Tommygilf You are hereby awarded Post Of The Year.

On 05/08/2020 at 10:31, Adelaide Tiger said:

At Junior School in Cas around 1975 the Teacher told us we were going on a school trip to Malham Cove.  To show us where Malham was he drew an outline of the east coast on the blackboard and then an outline of the west coast.

He then shaded in the middle area and told us this area is called the Pennines.  He then marked where Malham was.

As an afterthought he said ‘If this area is Yorkshire, what is the area to the left of the Pennines called?’.  No one answered.  The Teacher added ‘They are our biggest rivals at cricket’.  My mate whispered to me ‘I know the answer’.  So he put his hand up.  The Teacher said ‘Go on then’.  My mate then shouted out ‘The West Indies’. 😄😄

And @Adelaide Tiger & this is a very close second. 🙂

• 10 months later...

Archived