Centre - Leeming

Utility Back - 

Half back - Charnock, Hewitt

Prop - Dupree, Nelmes, Reilly, Spencer

Hooker - Wilkinson, Owen

Second Row - Langtree, Fletcher

Loose Forward - 

Squad = 12

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Who was that fullback we had a couple of season's back? I think he was on loan from either Wakefield or Featherstone.

If he was available he would be a great acquisition. Also has Kershaw retired? He had a fallout at Wakefield and talked about retirement. Again he would be a great asset to have since we are short of wingers.

38 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Who was that fullback we had a couple of season's back? I think he was on loan from either Wakefield or Featherstone.

If he was available he would be a great acquisition. Also has Kershaw retired? He had a fallout at Wakefield and talked about retirement. Again he would be a great asset to have since we are short of wingers.

Hooley u mean? Batley I think now. Kershaw signed a deal to cover next season at Wakefield now 

Fullback 

Wing - Brierley

Centre - Leeming

Utility Back - 

Hooker - Wilkinson, Owen

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 13

We have a full team!  Now for some subs... and maybe some backs!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fullback - Abram

Wing - Brierley

Centre - Leeming

Utility Back - 

Hooker - Wilkinson, Owen

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 14

Fullback - Abram

Wing - Brierley

Centre - Leeming

Utility Back - 

Prop - Dupree, Nelmes, Reilly, Spencer, Joy

Hooker - Wilkinson, Owen

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 15

On 16/09/2020 at 22:52, tandle said:

at the new signing i was getting my enthusiasm back,but the resigning of owen /hewitt /abram as made me wary because they are no way near championship standard. for what i see now does not bode well

Can't please everyone 🙄🙄. Building the best squad for many a year and you get this negativity before a ball is passed. Unreal.

On 18/09/2020 at 07:19, roughyed34 said:

Can't please everyone 🙄🙄. Building the best squad for many a year and you get this negativity before a ball is passed. Unreal.

I agree. The game, with no scrums and 6 again, is not the same game we've been watching over the last few years. The signings and retentions we've had so far , I feel, reflect that. If we can build and retain fitness we'll do well. Nelmes was beast going forward, Bent can tackle all day long , Langtree is up there with anything the so called top teams can offer. We'll be right, I know it.

Anyone critical of Owen, Hewitt and Abram should remember it is really difficult to play those positions behind a pack that isn't going forwards. It looks like Diskin has tried to address that with the new faces (Dupree and Reilly look like proper units going forwards!) So hopefully it will bring out the best in the those playing off them.

Fullback - Abram

Wing - Brierley

Centre - Leeming

Utility Back - 

Prop - Dupree, Nelmes, Reilly, Spencer, Joy

Hooker - Wilkinson, Owen

Second Row - Langtree, Fletcher, Smith

Loose Forward - Bent

Squad = 16

Nearly a match day squad!

On 22/09/2020 at 11:38, jroyales said:

Seems a long time ago since we had a signing. Anyone know who might be joining us?

Think they're announcing 2 a week on a Tuesday and Thursday night to parcel out the news.  We've got at least another 3 new signings already in the bag just waiting to be announced.

Of the players left from this year who haven't yet resigned i'd like to see Hutchings signed as we barely saw him this season because of injury but he looked very promising in pre season. Glad Smith has signed as he is  potentially is an excellent player at Championship standard we just need to get him on the pitch as often as we can.

Looks like Diskin has really focused on the pack so far but we need to start looking at the outside backs especially wing.

Archived