Season ticket options

Warrington are contacting season ticket/members with 3 options with reference to this season. 

1, Donate value of membership to the club and classified as a legacy member andhave your name permanently etched on the timeline wall. 

2, Have the amount lost deducted of next seasons membership. 

3, Have the lost amount refunded. 

Next seasons membership prices are frozen. 

We have gone for the legacy option for the benefit of the club and because we classify the money spent as gone. 

I hope most fans if possible do the same for their own clubs. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Wigan can keep ours, but it would have been nice to have been contacted by now. 

Was amazed to read earlier that they've not offerred anything to their fans yet. Are they the only SL club not to have put options forward?

I think Wigan have been impacted by the DW Stadium ticket office staff all being made redundant when the football club went into administration as they used the same people. They have to sort out a new team to handle the contacts and process the responses, posssibly new office facilities etc as well.

25 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

I think Wigan have been impacted by the DW Stadium ticket office staff all being made redundant when the football club went into administration as they used the same people. They have to sort out a new team to handle the contacts and process the responses, posssibly new office facilities etc as well.

Yeah to be fair to Wigan, they most likely have stadium management issues due to the Athletic issue.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Was amazed to read earlier that they've not offerred anything to their fans yet. Are they the only SL club not to have put options forward?

Huddersfield haven't, and have had only 4 fans (awaits the sarcastic comments) enquiring, incidentally none of them have actually asked for a refund, to be honest when we read Ken Davy has had to put in £400,000 of his own money just to get the club to re-start again - as we aren't a new expansion team we don't have the option to just not play -  i doubt any of our fans will be bothered about 'losing their money' as w all appreciate what Ken continues to do for us.

Latest from Warrington, only 10% have asked for a refund. Members who donate get a permanent place on the club timeline wall, all names will be put on the tunnel wall so the players see the commitment of the fans as they enter the field. All names will be on the training/warm up tops. The new members cards will be specially designed to show who has donated. 

Just a few things the club is doing to show its appreciation. 

35 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I suppose it all hinges on the financial situations of the clubs, obviously the bigger/richer clubs can offer a refund option, unfortunately most of them can't if they wish to continue trading.

All clubs have to give fans the option of a partial refund, they can’t force fans to pay for games that are behind closed doors.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

I suppose it all hinges on the financial situations of the clubs, obviously the bigger/richer clubs can offer a refund option, unfortunately most of them can't if they wish to continue trading.

Legally they have to offer the option of a refund to those who want them. It's a simple issue of 'frustration of contract' - people haven't got what they have paid for. 

In fairness, I think most clubs have struck a good balance when it comes to relying on supporter goodwill. I was impressed by Leeds' offer of a free corporate hospitality package and the commitment to a price freeze for those who offered to donate their ticket money. 

The Hull FC one is interesting - two options, neither of which involve refunds...? Which seems to me to be dubious from a legal point of view.

https://www.hullfc.com/blog/2020/07/30/loyal-proud-membership-rebate-options/

...refunds will not be issued in-line with our standard membership terms and conditions.

The club simply cannot afford to expose itself to the risk of refunds at such a financially critical time.

Without the ongoing commitment and support of our members, the club would not be in a position to continue beyond the end of this season.

We acknowledge that some members may be experiencing exceptional circumstances that effect their membership.

Should this be the case, please send your day time contact number to membership@hullfc.com and our team will be on hand to try and help.

21 minutes ago, M j M said:

The Hull FC one is interesting - two options, neither of which involve refunds...? Which seems to me to be dubious from a legal point of view.

https://www.hullfc.com/blog/2020/07/30/loyal-proud-membership-rebate-options/

That is appalling. I suspect they are getting round this legally by giving refunds if you go begging them. 

Wakey’s options were to donate or get a refund. For donations, the email mentioned looking at some kind of reward for next year’s season ticket but they obviously couldn’t commit. 

At the time I made my option, the vast majority of respondents had chosen to donate. 

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

That is appalling. I suspect they are getting round this legally by giving refunds if you go begging them. 

It's a similar shtick that the airlines have been trying - the only way to get a refund is to call a permanently engaged number to an understaffed call centre and wait an undetermined amount of time (in my case with Virgin Atlantic, 130 days and counting) before the regulator actually grows a pair. 

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

Did ST holders have the option of paying by Direct Debit? I pay for my Leeds ticket monthly would be easy just to stop paying it.

I can't believe even as a gesture of good will they aren't offering refunds, as we have seen the vast majority of fans haven't taken up the option anyway but at least it was a fair option.

19 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

All clubs have to give fans the option of a partial refund, they can’t force fans to pay for games that are behind closed doors.

I don't believe they 'have to', unless hundreds have asked for one and a club has said get lost/tough i doubt there will be a problem.

I don't think the clubs like mine who are struggling would offer but would be happy to sort something out for individuals who ask, as i said not one fan has approached the club asking for a refund so we would be daft to offer to give thousands of pounds we didn't have away.

1 hour ago, whatmichaelsays said:

It's a similar shtick that the airlines have been trying - the only way to get a refund is to call a permanently engaged number to an understaffed call centre and wait an undetermined amount of time (in my case with Virgin Atlantic, 130 days and counting) before the regulator actually grows a pair. 

Same with Ryanair, I bought stag weekend flights for 30 lads on my credit card and the flight was cancelled back in April, still waiting for my money. 

53 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Bit poor from FC that. Surely the option of a refund should be included? The take up (if in line with other SL clubs) would be

nominal anyway.

There is a refund option, they said you need to email them if you want one. Though admittedly it’s a poor way of doing it. 

28 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I don't believe they 'have to', unless hundreds have asked for one and a club has said get lost/tough i doubt there will be a problem.

They absolutely have to - they haven't provided the service which was paid for. What form it takes and how easy it is to get at is the question, and in this case Hull FC seem to have made it more difficult than any of the other clubs who have so far announced details.

Archived