Israel Folau's stand

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entirely up to him.

Looks like Israel and I fundamentally disagree on many things but I absolutely support his right to do as he wishes.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

What actually was his stand though? Or is everybody assuming his motives match theirs

There is a lot of projecting going on, isn't there?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Entirely up to him.

Looks like Israel and I fundamentally disagree on many things but I absolutely support his right to do as he wishes.

He can do as he likes. Clearly the option to stand is there for any player who wishes.

It says a lot that so few, across all sports around the world, are standing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Nearenough said:

it was the only thing of note he did in the match, maybe he should concentarte on playing some rugby now he has the chance.

Cheering a lazy rugby player to own the libs

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Well done for making his own choice instead of being pressured in to it.

Ah, so he made his own choice, but the other 33 didn't? 

Everybody made their own choice. His was different to everyone else's. His prerogative, but it's fair to ask why. 

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

His prerogative, but it's fair to ask why.

I am not sure about that, can he not just make a personal choice without us asking him to justify it?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The guy made his choice, just as everyone else did. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation though. We should just leave him to it. At the start of the year it seemed most people didn't want him going on about his personal views. We can't now be demanding he explains himself. No doubt someone will try to ask him but he doesn't need to respond.

I'd rather hear more from players who want to talk about their experiences of racism and how to be actively anti-racist than trying to coax something controversial from Folau.

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I am not sure about that, can he not just make a personal choice without us asking him to justify it?

He doesn't have to answer. But he works in a job where the media ask about his actions, so it is 100% fair to ask him. 

Archived