Israel Folau's stand

8 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

They may well of made there own choice, but some of them of thought I better go with the flow to avoid exactly what is happening on here.

I am sure some players may well have felt the pressure to kneel as this was the majority opinion and planned officially.  Just as I am sure some of the NFL players would want to kneel but felt they couldn't last season due to the prevailing opinion.

On the whole, I think we have to trust that the majority of grown ups will do what they feel is right.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

I am making  huge assumption,  but we know how the media works, not kneeling doesn't make him a racist.

And kneeling doesn't make you compliant, which you are admitting you are guilty of assuming some of them will be.

Yet NO ONE has assumed he's a racist.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

3 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

And kneeling doesn't make you compliant, which you are admitting you are guilty of assuming some of them will be.

Yet NO ONE has assumed he's a racist.

Well why do people need to know his reasons for not kneeling then, it is his personal choice.

3 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Does it matter? 

Whatever his reasons he resisted the Fascist Left's attempts to force group think on society. 

Yes, if there is one thing we know for sure it is that Israel, and the the other 2.3 billion Christians in the world, will never succumb to group think.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

He’d have been a hypocrite to kneel for one cause given his views on gay people.

He’s free to be bigot. You cannot make bigoted people not be bigoted.

The issue is allowing such a bigot to play the sport. Super League says it’s inclusive, yet has a player that is anything but. His presence on the field makes a mockery of the sport. On one side there’s rainbow flags, on the other is a backward, knuckle dragging meathead thinking gay people are an abomination.

5 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Does it matter? 

Whatever his reasons he resisted the Fascist Left's attempts to force group think on society. 

Fascist Left you say? Please enlighten us on this oxymoronic political group

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

26 minutes ago, clogdance said:

One thing for sure, Israel is not a sheep ! 🙂

Nothing says "not a sheep" like deriving your moral compass from a book followed by 2.3 billion other people, who are often referred to colloquially as a flock.

15 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Yes, if there is one thing we know for sure it is that Israel, and the the other 2.3 billion Christians in the world, will never succumb to group think.

Please don’t lump me in with Israel and how he thinks !

56 minutes ago, DC77 said:

He’d have been a hypocrite to kneel for one cause given his views on gay people.

He’s free to be bigot. You cannot make bigoted people not be bigoted.

The issue is allowing such a bigot to play the sport. Super League says it’s inclusive, yet has a player that is anything but. His presence on the field makes a mockery of the sport. On one side there’s rainbow flags, on the other is a backward, knuckle dragging meathead thinking gay people are an abomination.

You call the man a bigot but you use 'knuckle dragging meathead' to describe him?  You do know he isn't a white chap, yes?  Calling someone who isn't white 'knuckle dragging' is not very pleasant and could be understood as racist.

The problem when people insult those they don't agree with by calling them bigots means they themselves can come across as bigoted.  You simply don't agree with him; why not just leave it at that?

The man’s an idiot, I think we can all acknowledge that. There’s been no indication that he is racist or opposes this anti-racist movement. I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and that this is one of those “they can’t tell me what to do” stances.

in any case you’d think the sensible thing to do in his situation would be keep your head down and not cause any problems. But he is an idiot so....

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived