Israel Folau's stand

1 hour ago, Copa said:

Like i said earlier I suspect it’s a religious thing for him. Because of this he should have been off the field during the kneeling and then run on after they finished.

If they were going to have a kneeling moment why include a person who I suspect is religiously opposed?

If you have a moment of silence you don’t involve someone who feels compelled to sing.

It was badly managed by the match day organisers and now we have the images of him standing while everyone else kneels.

Whilst I agree with you, the onus would surely be on him to highlight this beforehand and ask to be left out.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Copa said:

I support black lives matter and I love capitalism and enjoyed my time living in the US.

As per my response to him, throwing around terms like ‘marxist’ and ‘fascist’ are convenient dog whistles sounded by people with particular interests aimed at people who are easily manipulated.

its quite amusing that blm has been labeled both Marxist and Fascist with 2 pages of the same thread by the same person.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

He is a religious crank ,still believes in Adam and Eve and Eve was created from one of Adam's ribs and all the human race came from these two . Believes in Noah's Ark . So Ho Hum 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

7 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I was thinking people were more curious of his intentions rather than implying he was racist. Curiosity brings attention, not just controversy.

That seems very noble of them and totally out of line with every other case of "standing" I've seen. 

55 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

He is a religious crank ,still believes in Adam and Eve and Eve was created from one of Adam's ribs and all the human race came from these two . Believes in Noah's Ark . So Ho Hum 

If he believes in that, that’s what he believes. No one can make you do something and if he didn’t want to take the knee then fair enough but I would be interested in why.

A good point someone made on Twitter earlier: all these people praising Folau for not taking the knee, do they do the same when James McClean doesn't wear a poppy?

7 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

A good point someone made on Twitter earlier: all these people praising Folau for not taking the knee, do they do the same when James McClean doesn't wear a poppy?

Some people, and you may find this as funny as I do, believe that the poppy is not political.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

If he believes in that, that’s what he believes. No one can make you do something and if he didn’t want to take the knee then fair enough but I would be interested in why.

I said what I said  because I meant there are some people I take what do and say serious, but not him and me I always wear a Poppy and always will .

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I said what I said  because I meant there are some people I take what do and say serious, but not him and me I always wear a Poppy and always will .

Yeah I agree with you his religious views are backwards. You wouldn’t criticise someone for not though would you?

2 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

That Queen person,of Great Britain,formerly the Commonwealth,and Australia and New Zealand,is a 'defender of the faith',and even attends church at Christmas,a time when English folk take a great holiday from work;the hypocrites! 

She hasn't taken the knee.

As it would seem she has strange believes,should I expect the left-wing leaning rugby league journalists to use 'discriminatory' language and doubt her sanity?

It could be fun...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

That Queen person,of Great Britain,formerly the Commonwealth,and Australia and New Zealand,is a 'defender of the faith',and even attends church at Christmas,a time when English folk take a great holiday from work;the hypocrites! 

She hasn't taken the knee.

As it would seem she has strange believes,should I expect the left-wing leaning rugby league journalists to use 'discriminatory' language and doubt her sanity?

It could be fun...

In an attempt to get this back to RL - is the Queen a Cats fan??

I know Phillip is a Town fan.

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Tenner and respect if anyone can do their family tree that far back 

Everyone jokes on about religion etc however the British Legal system is based on commandments from the Bible and learning what is right and wrong. If you decide to sing the British National Anthem at England games you are singing about God and the cash you pay bears the emblem of the Queen the head of the Church of England. Although you might not believe in everything said by Mr Folau as I personally don't, he has his own views and opinions and I have mine I am less conversative when it comes to religion but that's me. 

I also wouldn't take a knee.

I consider myself to be anti-racist ( I'm anti a lot of things) but I get on my knees to no-one and for no-one.

It's a personal choice for each individual but despite agreeing 100% that Black Lives Matter it's something I personally will not do.

It's also become (for me at least) an empty gesture because when you see politicians and police officers (the very people who enable systematic racism) taking a knee then it's vomit inducing.

Sadly we live in a world where if you aren't seen to be doing the 'right' thing then automatically it is assumed you must be doing the 'wrong' thing. 

You won't stop racism by getting on your knees. 

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

He chose not to kneel. He doesn't have to give any further clarity on his action or respond if asked. Folks may conclude what they wish based on that and/or previous comment and behaviour. Move on. 

The politics of BLM has been debated in great depth over onbthe AOB political Forum. 

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

He doesn't have to answer. But he works in a job where the media ask about his actions, so it is 100% fair to ask him. 

Just maybe, that other player's in other sports and any one else in a job that commands media spotlight if asked anonymously may have something else to say about the subject,  but in today's society people are averse for fear of some form of retribution to be individual, so to avoid confrontation or having the finger of hate pointed at them they just fall in line, it may be against their principles to keep quiet, but as the old saying goes "Principles don't pay bills" 

I'm against racism in any form but unfortunately I feel that some are using this movement for their own ends and in some ways is dividing society even more. If people don't want to kneel it doesn't make them racist  they might support equality in different ways.

I think a lot of people just kneel because they feel like they have no choice. I completely support raising awareness of racism and equality and hope that off the back of this there is a more inclusive society.

I look forward to the day when you don't have to actually call someone black, white, asian etc as it will be irrelevant. 

Archived