League One

Regional conferences look to be the way forward at this level and make sense for a variety of reasons.

I’m not optimistic that next year will be anything other than a mix of teams C&L1 that can afford to get off the starting line - hope to be proved wrong.

Not sure at all on the future of Ottawa or New York now in this post COVID-19 world barring some major medical breakthrough.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think that sort of set up could encourage new/returning Southern clubs. Not getting hammered every week or so and a few more local rivalries. 

Not sure how I'd fit in new international sides, I'd be inclined to put them straight in the championship tbh. 

Ah - and there you have the makings of franchising.

On the other hand, I see no economic sense in committing part time players to international travel.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

19 minutes ago, Griff said:

Ah - and there you have the makings of franchising.

On the other hand, I see no economic sense in committing part time players to international travel.

Quite, especially at L1 level where even for the some of the northern teams its wages based on appearance fees.

That said its a special opportunity for those lower division sides.

3 hours ago, Griff said:

You were there, then.😅

Check out the photos.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Regional conferences look to be the way forward at this level and make sense for a variety of reasons.

I’m not optimistic that next year will be anything other than a mix of teams C&L1 that can afford to get off the starting line - hope to be proved wrong.

Not sure at all on the future of Ottawa or New York now in this post COVID-19 world barring some major medical breakthrough.

Well, we're looking forward to next year, whatever form the league takes. Made our first signing for 2021 today.

http://northwalescrusaders.com/news/gav-rodden-on-board-for-2021/

I don't mind if it goes to conferences, so long as League 1 has a viable future.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Archived