Is this a record? Blake Green

Blake Green has been granted an immediate release from the NZ Warriors to sign with Newcastle Knights for the remainder of the season. This will be his 9th top-level club. That doesn't include any loan periods or junior matches, just first-grade, on-contract clubs.

Newcastle will be 33-year-old Green's seventh NRL club, after stints at Parramatta, Cronulla, Canterbury, Melbourne, Manly and the Warriors. He also spent four years in the English Super League from 2011-14 with Hull KR and Wigan.

Scott Moore has played for Saints, Huddersfield (two spells), Cas (two spells), Widnes, North Queensland, London Broncos, Wakefield, Bradford, Rochdale and Swinton. So ten clubs in total. 

Willie Mason sprang to mind, too. But he only played for seven clubs. 

The first name that sprung to my mind was Tommy Lee, but he has only played for 8 top flight clubs, a couple of lower league ones too though.

I imagine someone out there will have played for more. I just cant think of one.

Here's a little quiz of everyone who has played for five or more Super League teams.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/quiz-can-you-name-the-36-players-to-have-played-super-league-for-five-or-more-clubs/

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Terry Clawson played for 10.returned to Fev,Bradford, and South Newcastle (Australia)for second spells making 13 moves.Fev Bradford Northern,Hull KR,Leeds,Oldham,York,South Newcastle,Bradford N,South Newcastle,Fev,Wakefield,Hudde rsfield,and Hull F.C.His playing record is a testament to his ability.Played 631+9 sub.  75 tries 1177 goals, 2579 points10 games for Yorkshire.14 Test or World Cup matches for G.B.Played in 3 Yorkshire Cup finals for Fev. Bradford N,and Leeds  all won.Challenge Cup Final 5 goals in Leeds team defeated by Saints1972.Championship Finals 1 win 1972 against Saints 3 goals,and in 22-13 loss in 1973 for Leeds against Dewsbury 1 goal.Plus John Player Final 1973 when Leeds beat Salford 12-7 kicking 2 goals.Terry also played every position in the pack Open side prop 268,Hooker 1 when in only his second game when only picked as travelling reserve against the mighty Hull FC pack of the late 1950's Stan Moyser missed his train so Terry stepped up and offered to hook against Tommy Harris.32 blind side prop,257 second row,73 loose forward.Terry was a real Character on and off the field as anyone who knew him would testify.

38 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Don't know how he's getting on now but when he was at Wigan he was a top draw player, possibly the best in the league. When he left they were never the same team 

What ive seen hes been playing ok.  Wally Lewis wouldnt get any success at the Warriors.  The clubs a basket case.

I would have liked to see him at Hull for a couple of seasons.

I think Kurt Mann has been doing really well there . We talk about overrated players , well he’s often been underrated although I bet not my his coach and teammates . Fills in anywhere and does a good job .

On 04/08/2020 at 09:29, thirteenthman said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Clarkson

Geoff Clarkson played for Wakefield, Bradford, Leigh, Warrington, Leeds, York, Bramley, Hull KR, Oldham, Featherstone and played Union as well. Not all top flight, but not a bad tally either way. 

And wrote a cracking book about it all as well.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived