Corey Norman/Gareth Widdop Swap Deal

According to the NRL site it's Widdop who's after a return to the Dragon's. Norman would go into the Chris Sandow and that other forgettable H/B they got and returned to the Titans basket, a waste of space.  Super League huh, send us your castoffs and misfits we've money to burn.

31 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Reports in Australia suggesting St George are trying to swap Norman for Widdop with Wire. 

Norman is a lightweight. I`ll be very glad to see the back of him. You can have him. I don`t think there is one other NRL club who would have him.

36 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Reports in Australia suggesting St George are trying to swap Norman for Widdop with Wire. 

His injury aside, it amazed me that Widdop wanted to come out of the NRL in the first place.  Maybe he let the lights of Warrington lure him in?

When Ive watched Norman play, he seems preoccupied.  I dont personally think he is a bad player but, like Milford, isnt having the best of seasons.

Corey Norman is the most overrated player in NRL, slightly ahead of Ash Taylor. He was lauded as the next big thing and has commanded some big money, but has always flattered to deceive. You only have to look at the improvement in Eels since he left, and the deterioration of the Dragons since he joined. He's a show pony.

That said, he's not as bad as Tyrone Roberts

5 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

His injury aside, it amazed me that Widdop wanted to come out of the NRL in the first place.  Maybe he let the lights of Warrington lure him in?

When Ive watched Norman play, he seems preoccupied.  I dont personally think he is a bad player but, like Milford, isnt having the best of seasons.

I read something about him wanting to play in Super League before he retires. Maybe it’s not all he thought it would be! 

He also looks totally shot in terms of confidence . He makes an error and just sort of puts his head down and wanders around . I’d feel for sorry for him if he wasn’t playing for the dragons 

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’m surprised there aren’t more players desperate to leave Sydney to move to Warrington. I mean has Sydney got the original UK IKEA or a Gulliver’s World?

Gulliver's World is appealing but maybe he doesn't want to get tied down.

43 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I dont personally think he is a bad player

His style of play always reminded me a bit of Darren Lockyer, but Norman really needs a dominating pack going forward and he hasn`t had that and is not a strong enough of a player to be able generate that. But yes at his best he can be classy like Lockyer.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

For the form Widdop has shown for Warrington and even in the GB shirt in Oct/November I would let him go, and save some money, Norman will probably not earn 25% of Widdops earnings, and must be an improvement.

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

You reckon ?

At his very best, there were glimpses . I called him a lightweight maybe I should have said he`s just not engaged enough.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

For the form Widdop has shown for Warrington and even in the GB shirt in Oct/November I would let him go, and save some money, Norman will probably not earn 25% of Widdops earnings, and must be an improvement.

Norman will be on more $ than Widdop

26 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Norman will be on more $ than Widdop

Are you saying that Widdop could not command nowhere near his contract payment in the NRL he recieves from Wire, if you are saying that Norman is on more than Widdop at fhis moment in time, then Norman is on big bucks.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Are you saying that Widdop could not command nowhere near his contract payment in the NRL he recieves from Wire, if you are saying that Norman is on more than Widdop at fhis moment in time, then Norman is on big bucks.

Yes, Norman is on $800k per annum

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Gulliver's World is appealing but maybe he doesn't want to get tied down.

You say that Gulliver's World is appealing, Scubby, but I believe it has its travails!

Archived