Martyn Reilly

OL14.yeds

I hear that you may be getting Luke Nelmes back as well. That should beef up your pack a bit.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Both nelmes and Reilly done deals, both going well Dewsbury coach asked both to drop wage and agents said dewsbury coach also told them they wouldn’t loose sleep if they left so they both did he then offered them the same deals but was too late to take back those comments 

14 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Well if true that's both of the Rampage team gone!!  ... What is it about the Rampage ... Trout left last year!!  Please don't let Tom Garrett and Adam Ryder anywhere near it!!

Think in the current climate

Rampage is gone for the considerable future.. If it ever will return. 

Would be interesting to have it evaluated

To see how successful it was

It was great PR with the local community and I'd be interested how many bums on seats it did. 

Can't take anything away from the lads that put their heart and souls into it without them it wouldn't have worked and I thank them for their tireless efforts

And good luck too them if they do end up at Oldham. 

Coolie

There is no connection at all between the Rampage club and these players moving to Oldham. Matt Diskin is an excellent judge of players as we all know and has targetted them.

Good luck to them both.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 06/08/2020 at 13:09, Ben white said:

Both nelmes and Reilly done deals, both going well Dewsbury coach asked both to drop wage and agents said dewsbury coach also told them they wouldn’t loose sleep if they left so they both did he then offered them the same deals but was too late to take back those comments 

That’s strange not what I heard. Nothing to do with Oldham offering more money 🤔

seems strange that only 2 players out of the squad couldn’t agree a new contract.

Anyway we move on,good luck to Martyn & Luke.

28 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

That’s strange not what I heard. Nothing to do with Oldham offering more money 🤔

seems strange that only 2 players out of the squad couldn’t agree a new contract.

Anyway we move on,good luck to Martyn & Luke.

Good luck to them both. Doesn't sound a very plausible story about LG wanting them to reduce their contract payments and then changing his mind. 

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Good luck to them both. Doesn't sound a very plausible story about LG wanting them to reduce their contract payments and then changing his mind. 

LG doesn't negotiate the contracts so couldn't change his mind. Note that "Ben White" is a first-time poster and read into that what you will.

4 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Good luck to them both. Doesn't sound a very plausible story about LG wanting them to reduce their contract payments 

Why doesn’t that sound plausible ?  Sounds very plausible to me. In the current climate I’d expect many many players, not just at Dewsbury,  will be asked to take up reduced contracts.  I’d be surprised if they weren’t.  

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

LG doesn't negotiate the contracts so couldn't change his mind. Note that "Ben White" is a first-time poster and read into that what you will.

Come on BSJ.  LG might not be chief negotiator but he’s massively involved.    If he isn’t I don’t think he’ll be around for very long😉

5 minutes ago, NickD said:

Come on BSJ.  LG might not be chief negotiator but he’s massively involved.    If he isn’t I don’t think he’ll be around for very long😉

Of course, he is involved with identifying the players that he wants to retain and their imporance to him but he doesn't negotiate the terms of employment.

You are probably old enough to remember the last coach that we had who did that resulting in the club almost folding.

The post by "Ben White" is clearly an attempt to stir up trouble, I know not why.

9 minutes ago, NickD said:

Why doesn’t that sound plausible ?  Sounds very plausible to me. In the current climate I’d expect many many players, not just at Dewsbury,  will be asked to take up reduced contracts.  I’d be surprised if they weren’t.  

All of them, including coaching staff, have taken a cut I understand. There won't be may clubs where this isn't the case.

All of them, including coaching staff, have taken a cut I understand. There won't be may clubs where this isn't the case.

I suppose you have to find the money to fund Bradford somewhere...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

I suppose you have to find the money to fund Bradford somewhere...

Keep trying PM, it might take the attention away from sleepy hollow.

55 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well his comments never fail to grab your attention. I have said it before, why not do what we all do at the Mount, and socially distance from him. We have been doing that with him before covid19 was ever heard of!

Yeah, you keep taking the bait, little fishy...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, NickD said:

Firstly, if LG said he wouldn't lose any sleep over them leaving why would he change his mind when they said they were leaving?  Secondly if it was that easy to not take a pay cut, all the players would find out and do it. Thirdly, does LG rate both Reilly and Nelmes exactly the same? 

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Yeah, you keep taking the bait, little fishy...

See Distantdog's comment above.

You probably think it is in jest.

58 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Firstly, if LG said he wouldn't lose any sleep over them leaving why would he change his mind when they said they were leaving?  Secondly if it was that easy to not take a pay cut, all the players would find out and do it. Thirdly, does LG rate both Reilly and Nelmes exactly the same? 

You are quite right, of course he doesn't,  no two players are the same. Consider my highly speculative conjecture that resigning Tom Garratt costs less than either of these players are being offered by Oldham and we can  come to our own conclusions. As PM always said, Matt Diskin is a coaching genius.

Whatever the reasons behind their departure, I wish the two players well. Both Reilly and Nelmes had featured in most of the games we played this year, so hope those stepping into their shoes can match their regularity in the future. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I was a bit sceptical when we signed both Reilly and Nelmes but they both proved to be more than capable championship forwards..

Having watched the highlights of the game against Widnes, Nelmes in particular was superb against the more illustrious and Championship hardened Widnes forwards. Watching the video he made the big yards down the middle which lead to our points.

Reilly was just coming into his own when the Covid took hold. His hardwork doing the Rampage club whilst coming back from a long injury was excellent. I hope this continues when the Covid thing get’s wrapped up.

I’m disappointed both players are leaving but hope they both go on to have successful careers once the game starts again. I’m sure they will really toughen up the Oldham pack and make them a more difficult opponent In the division once it resumes.

rambo.gif

Archived