‘Record’ Sky TV figures for Super League

I thought fans were being turned off because the game was too political?

Good news though, really pleased to see.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The games were very well presented by Leeds and SL and must have looked good to any neutral viewer.

Saints played some terrific rugby and Leeds came back,although I would have liked Huddersfield to have held on for the sake of Ken Davy even though I'm from Leeds.

Hope it is as good this weekend.

14 minutes ago, cookey said:

The games were very well presented by Leeds and SL and must have looked good to any neutral viewer.

You mean apart from the commentary by O'Connor and Arthur, the lack of hooter for 6 again and Sky not keeping track with the tackle count? 

20 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

You mean apart from the commentary by O'Connor and Arthur, the lack of hooter for 6 again and Sky not keeping track with the tackle count? 

Thank God someone managed to prise open this silver lining and find a cloud.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Thank God someone managed to prise open this silver lining and find a cloud.

Haha, I knew someone was going to so thought I should get in first 🙂

13 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

Alright Meldrew

When you've been watching that much NRL like I have recently, and you see the professional production of their programme, it just makes me sad that we cannot do the same. And even more so when Sky are in general such a forward thinking and progressive organisation...............it says a lot when BBC production of RL is better than Sky

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

When you've been watching that much NRL like I have recently, and you see the professional production of their programme, it just makes me sad that we cannot do the same. And even more so when Sky are in general such a forward thinking and progressive organisation...............it says a lot when BBC production of RL is better than Sky

That's a very fair point

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

and no markings on the pitch.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

2 hours ago, Tim Streets tache said:

That's a very fair point

I don't think it is, the NRL is akin to the Premier League over here, they simply aren't comparable to Super League in pretty much every aspect. The NRL can attract Australias top talent. Super League simply doesn't have that pulling power.

Still nice to see a positive news story turn into a whinge so early on.

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

they have to put up with andrew voss though and brandy "the loyyn" alexander - if your gonna say "the line" 30 times each game say the line not the loyyn

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 hours ago, cookey said:

Saints played some terrific rugby and Leeds came back,although I would have liked Huddersfield to have held on for the sake of Ken Davy even though I'm from Leeds.

Hope it is as good this weekend.

Ot might be better if they keep Catalans away from it.

10 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Get in!!

The Greatest Game of all is back

Congratulations to all of you, figures like that will make Broadcasters sit up.

Peak viewing figures are a good indication of how many people are prepared to give it a go.

Just need a team now in London.

Archived