• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2020 at 15:21, del capo said:

E mail on its way to all clubs covering fixtures organised by RFL before full season start next year

You could have used (you may have done) to try out any new club to the NCL for the 2021 season.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, johnmatrix said:

How is the lack of open age friendlies in the ncl this autumn gonna affect sides ?

Have many started back doing abit of training

I think this time away from playing , training and the general association with team mates and friends could lead to a massive drop in standards and participation.  Hope I am wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Open age rugby league at amateur level has been put on hold until at least January or February, for cup matches, presumably the start of the  barla and challenge cups, with the competitive league fixtures apparantly put back from first weekend in March to first weekend in April.

There has been mutterings of a pilot scheme however beforehand. Are there any details of this and what actually does the pilot entail. Anyone heard anything, or put a hand up to enter?

• 3 weeks later...

Fast forward to March 2021, if we were in a position to start a coherent Ncl season at that point, what’s the thoughts on that divisional structure been exactly the same as the 2020 one ? 
My point I suppose been will those clubs come out the other side and be ready to go or will we need to see a restructure as we may not see as many clubs been viable to compete, for whatever reason that is due to the last months of the pandemic ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Just my opinion but I think it may take clubs a season to get back on their feet after this. I think should be competitive leagues but with no promotion/relegation ( yes some may disagree ) but clubs will of lost players and they'll need at least a season to get themselves sorted.

• 1 month later...

Seeing that the Community RFU are doing local league’s what’s peoples thoughts on NCL doing same come April as think the travel restrictions may cause issues.

Also making more derby local games which clubs can hopefully by then have clubs back open to try and gain money back 

29 minutes ago, Cumbria1 said:

Seeing that the Community RFU are doing local league’s what’s peoples thoughts on NCL doing same come April as think the travel restrictions may cause issues.

Also making more derby local games which clubs can hopefully by then have clubs back open to try and gain money back 

I think if travel restrictions are still in place, especially the tier 3 affect, then club houses won't be open as we knew it. Table service and substantial meals wouldn't be practical after a match. There's still talk of, turning up in kit, no sharing lifts to games, no showering or changing rooms etc etc, so will local fixtures boost the clubs financially, I think not, only good thing is it's closer for everyone for an actual chance of playing. The logistics of it all are a nightmare to put in place, just to get a fixture between 2 willing teams. Also if teams aren't evenly matched, ie similar division, then once teams start getting beat easily, then the hard work to get the fixture on will be nullified as players will start to get reluctant to play against teams they know they'll get beat by. That's always a problem with regional over ability.

5 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Yet again, the RFU seem miles ahead of the RFL which is frustrating. Until all restrictions are lifted I cant see how the game can restart when we think of after match hospitality, crowds etc. 

Well the ball is in the winter court at this moment, but secretaries of amateur clubs are getting regular covid up dates, apart from that I can't see what else can be done by the RFL or BARLA, their hands are tied by the government.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived