• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 15/02/2021 at 21:31, chisholm said:

Looking at recent correspondence from the RFL, it will be extremely difficult to get all the volunteers that will be needed before we even consider a game start date.

The amateur game has moved beyond a hobby or past time, to much stress being put on the club's, no wonder the game is shrinking at a rapid pace, the work load is far to great for 1, 2 or even 3 people who are prepared to do the hard yards, it's looking like I could be stepping away, my work can take me from Aberdeen to Dover during the week, I then have to work out quotes for new work, order equipment and actually do some work on site, the  work being created by others sat in a comfy office for a ckub to get a team on the parks is at breaking point.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 16/02/2021 at 13:13, Mr Smeaton said:

What duties will the Covid officers take on? Will they have to turn up for training nights, will you need more than one for the second and U-18’s teams. What about track and trace should a player/volunteer test positive. It’s worrying times. 

Each Club should appoint a Club Covid Officer to help assist in ensuring that the Club has taken the appropriate measures to resume activity. The Club ultimately has the responsibility to ensure that there are risk assessments in place for the Club and the activity that is taking place, however, to assist in the implementation of these a Covid Officer should be introduced to ease the burden and be a lead in this area. The Club Committee shall ensure that the appointed person will receive all necessary support to undertake the role. The Covid Officer should not put themselves at risk whilst carrying out the role. Duties of the role should include: • Being aware of and understanding government guidelines, first aid protocols, communicating these with relevant club volunteers and monitoring that these are strictly adhered to especially in terms of the 2m social distancing rules and the training activity undertaken by the Club. (This is subject to change) • Ensuring that players have completed the Return to Play health questionnaires for each training session and match and shall ensure the Club keeps records of these as they may be requested by the RFL. • Providing safety information and protocols to all players, coaching personnel and parent/guardians prior to the reopening of Club grounds. • Having a central system to monitor the record of attendees at training within the Club • Ensuring relevant club volunteers are aware of the need to regularly clean and sanitise all relevant welfare facilities and equipment after each session (e.g. balls, door handles, cleaning toilet). • Making necessary representations to the Club Committee about any COVID-19 concerns. • Reporting any areas of non-compliance immediately to the Club Committee and ensuring that these are addressed. • Keeping up to date on all relevant guidelines issued by HSE and the RFL. In the case of players or coaching personnel experiencing or displaying COVID-19 symptoms the Covid Officer should Inform the Club Committee if there is a confirmed case or if they have been made aware of an individual with COVID-19 symptoms. • If there is a confirmed case ensuring that test and trace protocols are followed (see section 4). All players, officials, volunteers and spectators must undergo a self-assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms. No-one should leave home to participate in sport if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID -19 currently recognised as any of the following: • A high temperature • A new, continuous cough • A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms, they must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation All Individuals should: • Wash their hands thoroughly before and after sessions (and when returning home); • Use hand sanitiser at regular intervals (N.B. Children, particularly younger ones, are not always as aware about good hygiene, so special attention should be paid to children’s hand hygiene.) More advice can be found here. There is further guidance on cleaning available here.

What duties will the Covid officers take on? Will they have to turn up for training nights, will you need more than one for the second and U-18’s teams. What about track and trace should a player/volunteer test positive. It’s worrying times. 

Anti-Doping 

Last week we confirmed it is now a requirement that all Club Chairs and Club Welfare Officers undertake and complete UKAD’s online 100% me Advisor course (Clean Sport Advisor Course) to ensure that they are up to date with regards to the current anti-doping rules. 

I would like to thank those Clubs that have already done the course.  There isn’t a requirement that you provide a copy of the certificate however we would ask that you display this within your Clubhouse.  

To continue with our plan to provide education in this area we are looking to host a webinar to provide information on several key areas including: 

·                   The Club’s Role 

·                   Education of players and welfare for recreational athletes 

·                   Pathway of players – help to educate those who may progress to the pro game 

·                   Healthy lifestyle  

·                   CleanSport for all – everyone should enjoy the game safely 

·                   Testing rules do apply and players can be tested any time/any where 

·                   Questions and Answers section 

This session will be delivered by one of our UKAD Tutors and we intend to do this on Wednesday 24th February at 6.30pm.  The link to join the meeting can be found CLUB WEBINAR LINK HERE.   We would suggest that Club Chairs and CWO’s attend the session.   

We have had a couple of Clubs express concern on Our Learning Zone around the implications this may have on them as individuals if a player at the Club was tested and found to have a prohibited substance within their system.  We want to assure you that the Club and Volunteers would only ever face any action in a select number of circumstances such as covering up drug use, supplying prohibited substances, or discouraging a whistle blower from reporting.  

Our aim is to continue to provide education to Clubs, Volunteers and Players.   

9 hours ago, Marauder said:

The amateur game has moved beyond a hobby or past time, to much stress being put on the club's, no wonder the game is shrinking at a rapid pace, the work load is far to great for 1, 2 or even 3 people who are prepared to do the hard yards, it's looking like I could be stepping away, my work can take me from Aberdeen to Dover during the week, I then have to work out quotes for new work, order equipment and actually do some work on site, the  work being created by others sat in a comfy office for a ckub to get a team on the parks is at breaking point.

100 % Correct Marauder,  I along with others have had enough.  The hard work and aggravation now far outweighs the enjoyment.  The RFL need to realise that we are volunteers and are not employees. If anything lock down has shown people that life can easily go on without time spent on thankless tasks. We should all be wary of what lies ahead for the community game should we struggle for volunteers.

17 minutes ago, chisholm said:

100 % Correct Marauder,  I along with others have had enough.  The hard work and aggravation now far outweighs the enjoyment.  The RFL need to realise that we are volunteers and are not employees. If anything lock down has shown people that life can easily go on without time spent on thankless tasks. We should all be wary of what lies ahead for the community game should we struggle for volunteers.

I can live with the Covid requirements (I've now had 14 ex-army mates die from it) but all the tick boxes on top of all the other forms that need filling in just to get the game started on match day has gone crazy.

How many fill in the team sheet then a player will come up and say I'm wearing number so and so now and it's not normally just the one player.

They at some point have to realise we didn't get involved to fill SO MANY forms, before, during or after the game and defo not to stand at toilets before, during and 30 minutes after a game.

I got involved because I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO WATCH and ALLOW YOUNG GUYS THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL, If I put the effort now required to run an amateur club into my own business I reckon I would be around £100,000.00 to £150,000.00 a year better off.

When you think about a volunteer before all this bureaucracy a club had to do this after the last game finished to the start of the next, Phone in the  result, Pay the ref, collect the dirty kit, sweep the changing rooms, run a raffle, send the team sheet into the league, dirty kit to the laundry, clean kit from the laundry, phone the opposition, phone the ref, book the pitch, make sure the first aid kit is stocked. then on match day it was a simple make sure every thing is at the ground on time, 3 or 4 people would be more than enough, in fact a lot of clubs just had a married couple doing the lot.

11 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I can live with the Covid requirements (I've now had 14 ex-army mates die from it) but all the tick boxes on top of all the other forms that need filling in just to get the game started on match day has gone crazy.

How many fill in the team sheet then a player will come up and say I'm wearing number so and so now and it's not normally just the one player.

They at some point have to realise we didn't get involved to fill SO MANY forms, before, during or after the game and defo not to stand at toilets before, during and 30 minutes after a game.

I got involved because I WANTED TO BE ABLE TO WATCH and ALLOW YOUNG GUYS THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL, If I put the effort now required to run an amateur club into my own business I reckon I would be around £100,000.00 to £150,000.00 a year better off.

Covid is different issue and definitely has to be addressed, its all the other red tape that is put in place. 

As a club volunteer you are required to register every year if you have one or more of the following roles:

• Chair Person

• Club Welfare Officer

• Secretary

• Fixture Secretary

• Team Manager

• Game Day Manager

• First Aider

• Web & Social Media Officer

• Treasurer

• Groundsman

• Covid 19 officer

Just about everyone of these roles was covered without the paperwork that now goes with it and to be honest, why would you need to register a groundsman and I've just registered as the covid officer, why do they need to know my gender, sexuality, religion and age ?

All this information has been sent to clubs, here is a link to some of it  Community game guidance.pdf (rugby-league.com)

One of the many return to play requirements that DCMS insist on is having a covid officer.

3 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

All this information has been sent to clubs, here is a link to some of it  Community game guidance.pdf (rugby-league.com)

One of the many return to play requirements that DCMS insist on is having a covid officer.

Wow. Just read through the RFL Community Game Guidance. I feel that every club will need a number of Covid Officers. It would be impossible for one person to take such a workload on. Its not until youn read through the document that you appreciate the extent of the problem that clubs face.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

5 hours ago, Cumbria1 said:

With news today saying outdoor sports can start back on 29th March least this is one step closer to community rugby returning 

Fingers crossed that the amateur game will be allowed to do some team training around the same time, if so and we don't get any upwards surges of covid again, I can see full contact by early to mid-May. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cumbria1 said:

Have the NCL said what there doing with the leagues yet, are we just gonna do regional then say top 2 from each go into a playoff at the end of the season?

I work with a player from Kells, he reckons there are three options on the table. I got distracted, but I think he said option 1 was 5 national leagues of 10 based on the last full seasons finishing position, option 2 7 national leagues of 7, or regional leagues. They were asking for clubs opinions

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I work with a player from Kells, he reckons there are three options on the table. I got distracted, but I think he said option 1 was 5 national leagues of 10 based on the last full seasons finishing position, option 2 7 national leagues of 7, or regional leagues. They were asking for clubs opinions

A full NCL league structure is due to begin on 26th June when it is hoped that clubhouses and changing rooms will be fully open by then. The League Management would ask you to rate the following structures in order of preference.
The options are:

Option 1 - Five Divisions of Ten Clubs With Top 4 Play Offs (Divisions selected on position of club at start of 2020 season, the bottom league will have nine teams, League Season will end on 6th Nov with play offs on the two weeks after this date).

Option 2 - Seven Divisions Of Seven Clubs With Top 4 Play Offs (Divisions picked on position of club at start of 2020 season, League Season will end on 25 Sept with play offs on the two weeks after this date).

Option 3 - Seven Regional Divisions Of Seven Clubs With Top 4 With Top 4 Play Offs (Divisions selected on locality of each club League Season will end on 25 Sep with play offs on the two weeks after this date).

Archived