• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Cumbria1 said:

What do people think of the new rule changes? I don’t like the ball strip change where if a player of over the try line scoring no matter how many tacklers are in the tackle the ball and be stripped and this is not a pen.

What a stupid rule 😂

On 11/03/2021 at 19:01, Cumbria1 said:

What does it mean by “Divisions selected on position of club at start of 2020 season” does it mean after the two games that where played???

I'd have thought the divisions will be the same as 2020

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On 19/03/2021 at 15:29, Cumbria1 said:

What do people think of the new rule changes? I don’t like the ball strip change where if a player of over the try line scoring no matter how many tacklers are in the tackle the ball and be stripped and this is not a pen.

I dont like the sound of this change either.

Will be very messy once the attacking player is over the line.

Could even lead to a number of defending players pulling players over try line in order to steal. 

On 19/03/2021 at 15:29, Cumbria1 said:

Going to be another one for the pantomime, IMO we should live and die by the judgement of the three officials who are on the front line and in charge. 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I know there's a meeting tonight, from clubs I know of up here, Brow Mont and Hensingham voted for option 2 (7 leagues of 7) with only Kells voting for local league.

Got it from a very good source Egremont voted for local league 

• 1 month later...

Great game down at St Pats this afternoon when Leigh Miners edged out the home side in the last 10 minutes.

Super carnival atmosphere in front of a large crowd with outside bar etc. Good to see old faces again.

These  across the board derby matches will prove a real hit in an otherwise difficult season for the NCL.

Roll on friday when the Pats entertain Pilkingtons ( 7.30 pm kick off for all you covid compliant fans ).

So good to be back  !!

10 hours ago, kev p said:

what is the end of season format for play offs?

All the divisions  come together in a play off system. Top two from the  covid 'local ' sides go through but the others have their own play offs resulting in a double header Grand Finals day in October .

Tasty ?   I believe and hope so...

• 4 weeks later...

How many spectators are you allowed to watch a game, looked abs seen Leigh East v Leigh Miners only allowing 200 to attend.

How would you police this for any other Ganesh as can’t see unless you made all games ticket affairs on how to know on you have that many in

42 minutes ago, Cumbria1 said:

How many spectators are you allowed to watch a game, looked abs seen Leigh East v Leigh Miners only allowing 200 to attend.

How would you police this for any other Ganesh as can’t see unless you made all games ticket affairs on how to know on you have that many in

If you have one entry point you count them in

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wasn’t a fan of regional leagues but happy to admit when wrong 

My team has had 8 local derbies which we have won and lost one and all games been full on battles viewed by packed touch lines and packed bars 

NCL leagues need to ask clubs views about local comps and if they worked rather than just go back to summer rugby that was failing if we were honest 

Archived