NRL Match Thread Round 13

kJsSlfo.jpg
Dragons v Roosters, Thursday 7.50pm AEST at WIN Stadium 

Dragons:

In-form centre Euan Aitken has been named and is expected to play despite a hamstring issue last week.

Corey Norman has been dropped with Adam Clune returning from a concussion in the halves alongside Ben Hunt. Trent Merrin (HIA) also returns taking the place of Jacob Host on the bench. Paul McGregor will coach his 150th game in the NRL.

Roosters:

A double blow for the Roosters on Wednesday with prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and centre Josh Morris both ruled out with calf injuries.

Lindsay Collins moves into the starting side at prop to replace Waerea-Hargreaves while Sitili Tuponiua shifts to the centres for Morris.

Nat Butcher joins the starting side in the second row and Daniel Fifita and Max Bailey come onto the interchange bench.

Kyle Flanagan has been dropped with Lachlan Lam at halfback and Drew Hutchison called up on the bench.

Sio Siua Taukeiaho will take over the goal-kicking duties from Flanagan. Utility Mitch Aubusson will become the 40th player to play 300 games.

Maybe Dragons will look at their opposition and think they are inwith a good chance of upsetting the odds.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Vaughan will miss this round and the next for a breach of biosecurity.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Paul Vaughan will miss this round and the next for a breach of biosecurity.

He was apparently caught eating in a cafe this morning. This contravenes the bio security  rules. Strange days indeed, when previously we had stories about players and their problems with alcohol and drugs, and now it’s bacon and eggs.

Well no actually it is about being with people not in the NRL bubble.

Also stood down for eating in a restaurant is Mr Personality himself, Wayne Bennett.

Kalyn Ponga has been cleared of such a misdemeanour as he only went to a takeaway.

4 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Only watched 5 minutes but Hally is having a mare. Pushed back over the line and then fumbled the clearance.

Is frustration getting the better of him? He's had some poor moments.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hall finally got a pass in a decent position, and while he doesn't score, he assists in the resulting try.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Graham changed the title to NRL Match Thread Round 13 - Friday

Dragons made a good game of that.

Letting the high ball bounce on several occasions was an obvious weakness they paid dearly for.

Sailor looked good for the most part though was missing in the line for that last Roosters’ try. He’s confident, naturally gifted and has a promising career ahead of him. 
Lomax soldiered on despite his leg hampering him for most of the game.

Archived