Sat 8 Aug: SL: Castleford Tigers v Catalans Dragons KO 4.15pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/20 at 15:45

Just now, Southerner said:

I’m enjoying John Wilkin’s commentary and insight in this game. I hope he stays on for the rest of the season and once he retires. 

He's been excellent, comfortably better than the other 3 muppets. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folau was always good in the air, but that's a cracker of an assist, even by his standards.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Wilkin again " that was a clever ball steal " , no John , he was tackled but was still trying to score , he lost the ball 

Nah, Wilkin was right. His insight into how the game is actually played and fronting up when players make stupid plays has really shown up the cliches and banalities of the Sky regulars.

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

He's been excellent, comfortably better than the other 3 muppets. 

I like Wilkin as a pundit/summariser.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, M j M said:

Nah, Wilkin was right. His insight into how the game is actually played and fronting up when players make stupid plays has really shown up the cliches and banalities of the Sky regulars.

"Insight" is the key word. Wilkin has actually provided some.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Baitieri in now, and les Cats are looking at 40 points.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, M j M said:

You mean that and stating the blindingly obvious ? , I'm do glad John never made a mistake when he played 

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Forgetting everything else with Folau, he is exactly the sort of talent that marquee signings/salary cap exemptions etc should be spent on. A class apart today, truly brilliant.

Yep, good to see him getting attention for his Rugby talent. Some very exciting stuff for the highlights reel. 

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Forgetting everything else with Folau, he is exactly the sort of talent that marquee signings/salary cap exemptions etc should be spent on. A class apart today, truly brilliant.

He is a sublime athlete, however, it’s his off-field activity that gets the headlines, which is sad. 

An interesting contribution from Mr Wilkin which provided a fresh alternative to what we normally receive. As the game reached the last quarter some of his negative points grew in frequency and he did go on a bit. Not bad for a first off but he needs to find the right balance. Would hate him to morph into Danny Murphy mode.

Archived