Sun 9 Aug: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors KO 3.15pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/20 at 14:45

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be the use of subs determine this if it is like other games which have been very fast paced. Wigan missing quite a few in Clubb & Gildart injured plus Flower and Partington suspended.

Wigan line up maybe - 

French,. Manfredi, Hardaker, Bibby/Hankinson, Marshall, Hastings, Leuluai, Burgess, Powell, Bullock, Isa, Farrell, O'Loughlin.  Subs - Byrne, Smith, Clark, Smithies.

Interesting to see the Trinity named squad.  

On 06/08/2020 at 19:37, Father Ted said:

Could be the use of subs determine this if it is like other games which have been very fast paced. Wigan missing quite a few in Clubb & Gildart injured plus Flower and Partington suspended.

Wigan line up maybe - 

French,. Manfredi, Hardaker, Bibby/Hankinson, Marshall, Hastings, Leuluai, Burgess, Powell, Bullock, Isa, Farrell, O'Loughlin.  Subs - Byrne, Smith, Clark, Smithies.

Interesting to see the Trinity named squad.  

I'd hope Havard starts. He was our best player pre-lockdown.

I think a lot could depend on how much the new rules have an effect on teams. Our discipline isn't always the best and I think if we give away lots of repeat sets we could struggle. With Flower and Partington out we're missing our two best props defensively. Burgess, Bullock and Byrne are probably our weakest in defence and the ones I'd worry about if Wakefield forced us into doing a lot of defending. The other side to that is if we get on a bit of a roll and make Wakefield do a lot of defending then Burgess, Bullock and Byrne could really be a handful.

For this match I think it will just be a case of play the strongest side possible with the usual tactics and then see if the six again rule has any impact. We have a stronger squad than Wakefield but we've seen before that they are well coached and have beaten us easily in recent memory. Our last game before lockdown, against Salford, highlighted we weren't as strong as our league position suggested.

Just now, DavidM said:

That’s six more surely 

I think it was because he tackled the player thus it became an obstruction rather than it just being a case of not square interference.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Some folks believe in fate and luck, some don't. But Johnstone's injuries could make a believer of Richard Dawkins.

Here's hoping it isn't serious.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ooh, nice delayed pass by Smith for Hardaker's try.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived