Sun 9 Aug: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors KO 3.15pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/20 at 14:45

Liam Kay scores - game on, with 10 minutes to go!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, graveyard johnny said:

the radio commentary has depressed me beyond vallium , when did our game lose its lustre? 

Get Sky Sports.  There's loads of Rugby League on in.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Get Sky Sports.  There's loads of Rugby League on in.

have nrl.com - stoppage stoppage stoppage  just the same = games lost its lustre

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Kay scores again, converted to make this a one-point game!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If I was in the Wigan hierarchy I'd be moving heaven and earth to get Ian Watson in to replace Lam ASAP. With the talent they have on the pitch, they play an awful brand of rugby. 5 drives and a knock on more often than not.

This game should've been gone by halftime.

Wigan hang on for the win, but neither side looked at their best, saving the odd moment of inspiration. Still, first game back and all that. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, dkw said:

That play before the drop goal attempt was terrible, gave therm no chance. 

Last 2 plays! They went wide to Lyne when they should have gone direct at the posts thus setting up a quick pub on the last tackle

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Wigan hang on for the win, but neither side looked at their best, saving the odd moment of inspiration. Still, first game back and all that. 

Barring a moment of magic from Johnstone it was easily the worst game of the restart for me. Felt like a preseason friendly for much of it.

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

So turn it off, stop whining, go do something else. 

i have a right to be upset about our  game going backwards and becoming pedantic stoppage fodder like ru - if i was new to the game im sure i would be following your advice and "switching off" 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

Fair play to Trin for keeping that alive until the whistle, but it was error-strewn rubbish for the most part. But as I often say, Rugby League - even when it's rubbish it's brilliant.

Not a great spectacle overall, and little respect for possession, especially from Trinity. Onwards to today's final match, between two sides who have already got a game under their belts.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

25 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

have nrl.com - stoppage stoppage stoppage  just the same = games lost its lustre

Yes, but if you get Sky Sports you wouldn't need to ask us which players are kneeling down and which are standing  up before the game.

Oh, and you could watch the rugby as well... bonus. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

If I was in the Wigan hierarchy I'd be moving heaven and earth to get Ian Watson in to replace Lam ASAP. With the talent they have on the pitch, they play an awful brand of rugby. 5 drives and a knock on more often than not.

This game should've been gone by halftime.

Both sides were full of errors - and that was when both sides were fresh.  

Is there a need for the middle 50m any more?  With the mostly hair line decisions for 'another 6' we mostly see play refereed to inside the 10 to 15 metre areas.

The games I have seen (admitedly there are no scrums) have been one dimensional and just majoring on pointless speed.   I fail to see where most of the ruck tackles penalties come from.

Zack hardacres try could have been given as a forward pass, jake bibey grounded the ball a yard short but was given a try...

apart from that Wigan deserved to win because they were far better than us! 
wakefield would have won if max jowitt had been kicking the goals throughout. 
we will be better for the run and pray Tom Johnstone is ok, we also badly need Matty ashurst to do the tackling because there was some half hearted defence there!

thank goodness rugby is back 

f3gms4.jpg

Exciting finish for the neutral I imagine. I could barely watch. Really frustrating from a Wigan point of view given the first half was a pretty decent display. Wakefield improved a lot in the second half but we could have dealt with that had we cut out the errors and actually completed sets. Some really daft end of set plays prevented us from putting Wakefield under much pressure.

Good to get a win in the first game, but disappointing that the team failed to keep the opposition under pressure. Both sides defended pretty well overall. Some misreads from the Wigan left edge may be cause for concern. Hard to know how to judge though with it being the first game back. Wakefield always seem to give us a difficult game.

Archived